What to use for LR studying? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
footballlax55

New

What to use for LR studying?

Post by footballlax55 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows an online guide or an especially helpful book that teaches strategies for the logical reasoning questions.

Right now, I sort of just do the problem. I don't look at it and consider what type of question it is.

I got -4 and -5 on the last LSAT for the two LR sections and I normally get -3 to -5 wrong per section. So I don't know if it makes sense to redo my strategy at this point.

My plan is to just alternate between doing untimed LR questions, timed LR sections, and timed full tests the 2 months before the February test

Rigo

Diamond

Re: What to use for LR studying?

Post by Rigo » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Probably just drilling and really understanding how and why you get led astray in those questions you miss.

Manhattan LR is good if you really want a new prep book though.

GMasters5

Bronze

Post by GMasters5 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:40 pm

Cambridge books are good for drilling

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:52 pm

I used the Bible and Manhattan for learning and then drilled with Cambridge. I'm not sure I prefer one book over the other, but I highly recommend you get the Cambridge packets to practice.

paradigmshift

New

Post by paradigmshift » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:32 am

footballlax55 wrote:Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows an online guide or an especially helpful book that teaches strategies for the logical reasoning questions.

Right now, I sort of just do the problem. I don't look at it and consider what type of question it is.

I got -4 and -5 on the last LSAT for the two LR sections and I normally get -3 to -5 wrong per section. So I don't know if it makes sense to redo my strategy at this point.

My plan is to just alternate between doing untimed LR questions, timed LR sections, and timed full tests the 2 months before the February test
make you after you do a section/any set of questions that you don't look at the answers for any of the problems until you figure out all by yourself why every single correct answer you chose is correct and why all the incorrect ones are incorrect. remember that finding patterns for wrong answers is just as important as finding patterns for correct answers, especially on tough questions where the credited answer won't be as straightforward.

once you make sure you know how to articulate why every single wrong choice and wrong and why every single correct answer choice is right, if you're anything like me or most of the people who us this method, you should start to see dramatic improvements in a short period of time. if you already do this, then keep it up. it's probably the best way to get good at logical reasoning -- efficiency and continuity are key.

the reason why i'm telling you to do this is because i've found over my course of studying that learning other people's strategies, which can be really helpful at first since they can point you in the right direction, can be extremely counterproductive at a certain point in the course of your studies. this is due to the fact that everyone has a strategy that works best for them. hopefully, by utilizing the method above, you'll be able to create your own strategy that works best for you -- and ultimately get that -5 down to -0 or -1 :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”