Take off week or days before LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
thoughtsinvacuum

New

Take off week or days before LSAT?

Post by thoughtsinvacuum » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:06 pm

Last edited by thoughtsinvacuum on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pittsburghpirates

Silver

Post removed.

Post by pittsburghpirates » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:18 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by pittsburghpirates on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seagan823

Bronze

Re: Take off week or days before LSAT?

Post by seagan823 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:04 pm

My best advice Is to do whatever is going to calm you down. The last week is all about your mental state. I work a really stressful day job so I took friday. I needed to work during most of the week or I would have gone crazy thinking about the test but that Friday was good to make sure I was calm.

For me it was also important to wind down studying in the final two weeks. In June I took a PT two weeks before the test and scored way below prep average and then started freaking out. All my studying after that was an attempt to prove to myself I was fine. I studied until two days before test day, was nervous on test day and scored 4 points below my PT average.

In October I stopped taking full PTs two weeks before the test and just stayed warm doing a few games a day and a times LR or RC today. The week before I abandoned all studying and just relaxed after work. Took Friday off and went in feeling great, left with a 173, exactly my PT average and minimum goal.

3pianists

Bronze

Re: Take off week or days before LSAT?

Post by 3pianists » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:27 pm

A lot of us October people took a day or two off before the exam, and many of us (myself included) found that super nerve-wracking. I don't think there's just one answer that's right for everyone; it depends on the nature of your work, how good you are at handling free time, etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”