Kaplan Mastery to drill LR/LG Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sjp200

Bronze

Kaplan Mastery to drill LR/LG

Post by sjp200 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:10 am

I have gotten my hands on a Kaplan Mastery book to drill LR and LG questions. I scored a 163 on the October 2015 test, and was practicing at about a 167-169 consistently before that. I was wondering if the Kaplan Mastery book would be a decent substitute to buying the cambridge packets before hitting up the practice tests to see if I can maybe even crack 170 come the December tests.

I have now gone through the LR bible from powerscore. Knowing that I will now be pushing my applications to later in the cycle than anticipated, does anyone have an opinion if the Kaplan Mastery book is good enough to get the score I want knowing I was PTing around there and just need to practice drilling some more? I studied before using ONLY LG bible, no LR books but just slamming questions over and over until I started to understand the technique myself, same with CR (surprising in retrospect that I did decent in spite of the fact I studied so inefficiently). LR was my major hit on the October test, with the other 2 question types actually right at my PT averages. Reading 1 rule wrong on LG took a small hit, but would've only hit a 166 anyway without the mistake

PrayFor170

Bronze

Re: Kaplan Mastery to drill LR/LG

Post by PrayFor170 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:41 am

I've had the Kaplan Mastery, Endurance books as well, but I don't think they are really enough. According to me they divide practice tests into different sections, not really by types. I strongly recommend Cambridge, as many PTs as possible, 7sage and LSAT Trainer (I feel the last two are designed for top-scorers).
LSAT prep isn't really a great time to think of saving money. The money you spent on the materials can immediately be compensated with scholarship if you get a high score.

sjp200

Bronze

Re: Kaplan Mastery to drill LR/LG

Post by sjp200 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:16 pm

Thanks for the response, I was looking at the trainer, but I'm not really sure I need the strategies book as much as I just need to drill because most of my problem is not working efficiently.

As far as the cambridge packets are concerned, I don't have access to mass printing at the moment, would the Volume 2 book be a decent buy. It's about $60 on amazon, figured I could probably grab that and the volume 2 of LG as well

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”