Ridiculous Retake Question Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
HawkeyeVodka34

New

Ridiculous Retake Question

Post by HawkeyeVodka34 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:03 am

Hi all, I have kind of a unique situation on my hands. I'm applying to school during this current cycle, and I've already taken the test twice. I scored a 168 in June of 2014, and a 173 in June of 2015. I was mildly disappointed with the 173 because I had been PT'ing higher than that in the days leading up to the test. Nonetheless, I decided to settle with my 173.

Following the June test, I took a job as an LSAT instructor, and I have been teaching and tutoring since then. The other night, I decided to take a PT(71 I think) just to see how I would do. I scored a 180. The next night, I took the most recent exam, PT 76, and I scored a 180 on that as well.

Is it ridiculous for me to consider taking the test for a third time in December? Is there much of a difference in value between a 173 and a 180? My LSAC GPA is only 3.16, so it's not like the increase would give me a chance at HYS. What do you guys think? Is it worth it?

cbbinnyc

Bronze

Re: Ridiculous Retake Question

Post by cbbinnyc » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:10 am

For the vast majority of schools (including most of the T14) I don't think it would make a huge difference as you're already >75%. However, it could help at schools like HYS and Columbia where you are not (or at schools like NYU where they still consider the average score). That GPA will probably keep you out of contention at HYS, but getting your LSAT above the 75% would make a huge difference (though probably not enough of a difference). Bottom line, there's no reason not to retake.

Ajren Robben

New

Post by Ajren Robben » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:15 am

I would definitely retake in this situation. Getting a 177+ is bound to open a few new doors for you, be it an admittance or more money from somewhere.
Last edited by Ajren Robben on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

cbbinnyc

Bronze

Post by cbbinnyc » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:40 am

+1 to more money

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:39 am

HawkeyeVodka34 wrote:Hi all, I have kind of a unique situation on my hands. I'm applying to school during this current cycle, and I've already taken the test twice. I scored a 168 in June of 2014, and a 173 in June of 2015. I was mildly disappointed with the 173 because I had been PT'ing higher than that in the days leading up to the test. Nonetheless, I decided to settle with my 173.

Following the June test, I took a job as an LSAT instructor, and I have been teaching and tutoring since then. The other night, I decided to take a PT(71 I think) just to see how I would do. I scored a 180. The next night, I took the most recent exam, PT 76, and I scored a 180 on that as well.

Is it ridiculous for me to consider taking the test for a third time in December? Is there much of a difference in value between a 173 and a 180? My LSAC GPA is only 3.16, so it's not like the increase would give me a chance at HYS. What do you guys think? Is it worth it?
was pt-71 a retake as it was administered before even your june'14 test? is it possible that 180s could be because of memory of questions from teaching or retake?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”