What is your letter of choice Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

My letter of choice is...

A
8%
B
4%
C
17%
D
63%
E
8%

Total votes: 24

AlexandraHope

Bronze

What is your letter of choice

Post by AlexandraHope » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:11 am

What's your letter of choice for when you are low on time/ unsure about the answer/ etc. etc.? Is there a special reason?

McJimJam

Silver

Post removed.

Post by McJimJam » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:16 am

Post removed.
Last edited by McJimJam on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix97

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Phoenix97 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:12 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

paradigmshift

New

Re: What is your letter of choice

Post by paradigmshift » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:05 pm

that table may be misleading when it comes to people who generally score really high (most people on this forum) as opposed to the lay test taker who is just guessing just to guess. i answered (A) because when it comes to really hard questions that people who lurk these forums typically guess on, the best answer is almost always either A or C (mostly A for REALLY hard questions). i notice this while taking the test all the time, LSAC gives us a really ridiculously convoluted stimulus, then drops a really simple answer for choice A that's intended for us to just skim right over and disregard as we look for an equally complicated answer choice.

anyway, here's powerscore's list of the 15 hardest LR questions of all time and how 60% of them are A and 27% of them are C. this may seem like it's out of scope since they're the "hardest of all time," but from my experience, this generally holds true for a lot of really challenging questions.

http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/lr_15-hardest.cfm

flawedargument

New

Re: What is your letter of choice

Post by flawedargument » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:51 pm

The letters A B C D and E are correct with about the same frequency. If you run out of time, guess the letter that you have chosen the least so far in the section.

Anecdotally, what paradigmshift said about "A" is also true -- especially, in my experience, with the most difficult games questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”