LSAT advice? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Splitter99

New

LSAT advice?

Post by Splitter99 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:51 pm

Hey!

I just took the Oct. 2015 LSAT and my scaled score was 164. I missed 0 questions on the RC section, 8 on the first LR section, 8 on the LG, and 5 on the second LR. Given my breakdown in incorrect answers, what ought I to do to reach my target score of 169-170? Thanks in advance! :)

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: LSAT advice?

Post by lymenheimer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:58 pm

Miss 0 on LG if you can maintain the -0 on RC. That'll get you pretty close.

Splitter99

New

Post by Splitter99 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:06 pm

lymenheimer wrote:Miss 0 on LG if you can maintain the -0 on RC. That'll get you pretty close.
Yeah. I winged it to be honest. Especially on the logic games section. I knew the basic format of the exam and I did some basic diagramming exercises, but the timing tripped me up. The third game was especially brutal so I had ~3 min to finish the final one.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:10 pm

Splitter99 wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:Miss 0 on LG if you can maintain the -0 on RC. That'll get you pretty close.
Yeah. I winged it to be honest. Especially on the logic games section. I knew the basic format of the exam and I did some basic diagramming exercises, but the timing tripped me up. The third game was especially brutal so I had ~3 min to finish the final one.
Yea it appears that there was a game that threw many people for a loop, but there are methods to solve those (lots of people went -0 too). As the easiest section to learn, it's really hard to justify/suggest that someone accept missing any on the LG. Other than that, work on your LR weaknesses too. If you can even cut down you LR incorrect responses by half, that would give you some wiggle room to mess up on the RC or LG.

kcho10

New

Post by kcho10 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:01 am

Splitter99 wrote:Hey!

I just took the Oct. 2015 LSAT and my scaled score was 164. I missed 0 questions on the RC section, 8 on the first LR section, 8 on the LG, and 5 on the second LR. Given my breakdown in incorrect answers, what ought I to do to reach my target score of 169-170? Thanks in advance! :)

PLEASE share with me how you got a perfect score on RC, and I will share with you how I got my LR down to -2 and LG down to -0 with 5-6 min to spare most of the time!! RC is killing me!

btw, I think if you got a 164 and are getting -0 on RC, it should be very easy to get into the 170 range for you. RC is arguably the hardest section to improve on. LR takes time to improve but it isn't that hard to. And LG was very easy and quick to improve...I went from missing 10-12 questions, most of which I skipped to -0 in about 2-3 weeks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:25 pm

kcho10 wrote:

PLEASE share with me how you got a perfect score on RC, and I will share with you how I got my LR down to -2 and LG down to -0 with 5-6 min to spare most of the time!! RC is killing me!

btw, I think if you got a 164 and are getting -0 on RC, it should be very easy to get into the 170 range for you. RC is arguably the hardest section to improve on. LR takes time to improve but it isn't that hard to. And LG was very easy and quick to improve...I went from missing 10-12 questions, most of which I skipped to -0 in about 2-3 weeks
can you share how you read the passage and time you take on the passage and on the questions for -0 in rc?

Splitter99

New

Post by Splitter99 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:25 am

kcho10 wrote:

Thanks for that. I essentially improvised throughout the exam. RC was easy for me, I think because I read an insane amount and have always been really language oriented. Specifically? I just read denser than usual books, on a variety of topics before the exam---- philosophy, economics, literary criticism. Then I winged the LG and LR (I had no real strategy, just kind of thought critically I guess?) Sorry if this was useless. But that's my take, I suppose.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”