Help me stop making bubbling mistakes Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ebb44

New

Help me stop making bubbling mistakes

Post by ebb44 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:15 pm

I take my timed PTs with a bubbling sheet to simulate real testing conditions. I'm finding that I make bubbling mistakes every now and then. It's an incredibly stupid way to lose points. Any tips on how to beat this?

Platinum

Re: Help me stop making bubbling mistakes

Post by 071816 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:16 pm

yeah. just stop making bubbling mistakes.

chicharon

Silver

Post removed...

Post by chicharon » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:20 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by chicharon on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poldy

Silver

Post by Poldy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:27 pm

chimp wrote:yeah. just stop making bubbling mistakes.
This is the only reasonable advice. There aren't any tricks to looking at the bubble you want to fill in and using your pencil to complete the task.

PrayFor170

Bronze

Post by PrayFor170 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:16 pm

If you are not used to bubbling, practice. Just randomly write a list of ABCDs on a piece of paper and bubble them accordingly on an answer sheet. Do it every day.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Post by MistakenGenius » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:21 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

seashell.economy

Bronze

Post by seashell.economy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:50 pm

You could always hire someone to slap you every time you do something you don't want to do, like this guy...

http://hackthesystem.com/blog/why-i-hir ... ductivity/

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:59 pm

so u are looking for someone to help u figure out how to fill in a circle with a pencil?

PoopNpants

Silver

Post by PoopNpants » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:41 pm

MistakenGenius wrote:Here's what I did and it really helped. This is some savant level shit so listen up. I'd first go to a question, we'll use question 1 in this example. I'd carefully read the question and find the answer (we'll say D for this one). It's important to find the answer first, because otherwise you're gonna have a bad time. Once I had my answer, I'd look to see which number the question was, in this example, it was 1. I'd then go to the appropriate section of the answer sheet, and find where it says 1. Now that I've found 1, I look carefully at each of the bubbles and figure out which one corresponded to the correct answer in the test booklet which in this case was D. The fourth bubble from the left should say D, if it's difficult to find, remember that it looks like this shape D . Now that I've correctly found the right answer choice for that question, I use my pencil to darken the bubble. Darkening a bubble is like you're coloring with a coloring book, trying to stay inside the lines. Once I again checked to make sure I bubbled in the answer I wanted to, I then repeated this process for questions 2-~25. I know it's a complicated system of steps, so message me if you need any more help on this.

this the TCR, I forgot what this method is called but it is really effective, takes sometime to master it but the benefits are well worth it

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:35 pm

PoopNpants wrote:
MistakenGenius wrote:Here's what I did and it really helped. This is some savant level shit so listen up. I'd first go to a question, we'll use question 1 in this example. I'd carefully read the question and find the answer (we'll say D for this one). It's important to find the answer first, because otherwise you're gonna have a bad time. Once I had my answer, I'd look to see which number the question was, in this example, it was 1. I'd then go to the appropriate section of the answer sheet, and find where it says 1. Now that I've found 1, I look carefully at each of the bubbles and figure out which one corresponded to the correct answer in the test booklet which in this case was D. The fourth bubble from the left should say D, if it's difficult to find, remember that it looks like this shape D . Now that I've correctly found the right answer choice for that question, I use my pencil to darken the bubble. Darkening a bubble is like you're coloring with a coloring book, trying to stay inside the lines. Once I again checked to make sure I bubbled in the answer I wanted to, I then repeated this process for questions 2-~25. I know it's a complicated system of steps, so message me if you need any more help on this.

this the TCR, I forgot what this method is called but it is really effective, takes sometime to master it but the benefits are well worth it
lmao

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Wait until time expires and then fill it in during the break. Then there's no pressure to do really quickly

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:57 pm

Some people bubble in each answer as they go, and others wait until the end to bubble in all the answers, but as good Aristotelians we know to pursue the golden mean and bubble after each page/logic game/RC passage. This offers the best balance of speed and accuracy.

pleadthafif

Gold

Post removed...

Post by pleadthafif » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:01 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by pleadthafif on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:31 pm

If you don't answer questions in order - e.g., if you go to the end of a section and work backwards at some point - pay extra attention to your bubbling around the switchover points.

galeatus

Silver

Post by galeatus » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:53 pm

RZ5646 wrote:Some people bubble in each answer as they go, and others wait until the end to bubble in all the answers, but as good Aristotelians we know to pursue the golden mean and bubble after each page/logic game/RC passage. This offers the best balance of speed and accuracy.
I always fear not having enough time to finish bubbling and thus missing out an entire passage/game...

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:24 pm

Bubble in sections: end of every page, bubble. When you have a few minutes left, bubble after each question.

AfrocentricAsian

Bronze

Post by AfrocentricAsian » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:49 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:Bubble in sections: end of every page, bubble. When you have a few minutes left, bubble after each question.
and if time runs out, nonchalantly finish up when the next section starts

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:23 am

Brut wrote:so u are looking for someone to help u figure out how to fill in a circle with a pencil?

ngogirl12

Silver

Post by ngogirl12 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:50 am

I transfer my answers every two pages. With the LG, I transfer my questions per game.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:08 am

I go by game or passage, but do all the LR in the book and transfer at the end.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”