What to Do When Feeling Burned Out? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kepani

New

What to Do When Feeling Burned Out?

Post by kepani » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:17 pm

Been doing 6-10 hours of LSAT work per day for the past 4-5 weeks. Just took a PT this morning and scored the worst I've ever done (significant point drop from what I was averaging at)... Like WTF... My thoughts right now are undermining all the months I've put into this and low-key freaking out. Upon calculating my score an hour ago, I just put down the test walked away and now I'm posting this (haven't even BR'd it!...) :| Can any LSAT alum/takers relate?

Currently, I'm scheduled to take the October 3rd exam coming up next Saturday.

I'm thinking of just doing absolutely nothing LSAT related for the rest of the night and tomorrow and perhaps just do a few LG games on Tuesday. Also thinking of taking a PT Wednesday to regain the momentum I had prior to this morning. I've read about the 'LSAT Burnout' in the past, but didn't think I would be dealing with it... Any thoughts on this?

nlee10

Gold

Re: What to Do When Feeling Burned Out?

Post by nlee10 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:37 pm

take rest of today/tomorrow off like you stated. If you really have been studying that much for that long, it's very possible that you are burning out.

Dcc617

Gold

Re: What to Do When Feeling Burned Out?

Post by Dcc617 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:09 pm

Take a couple days off. Practice some, then take the day before the test completely off. It's alright to take breaks. The last week before I took my test I studied for maybe 2 hours a day, for like five of the days.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”