Application Timeline Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bellepepper

New

Application Timeline

Post by bellepepper » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:30 pm

Hello All,

Should start submitting my applications to law schools now or after I get my score from the October exam. I took the exam last year in December as well.

Thank you!

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: Application Timeline

Post by lymenheimer » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:16 pm

depends

somethingElse

Gold

Post removed...

Post by somethingElse » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:27 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by somethingElse on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:45 pm

somethingelse55 wrote:Well, I'm not sure how anybody could possibly add anything more substantial to what lymenheimer just brilliantly put, but I'll try my best.

I actually asked this question in the thread wherein previous law school deans of admission/spivey are answering questions, and the response I got was that it is best to wait for your October score. This is because applying at the end of October is still plenty early, and though you'll be applying a few weeks later, that time difference is more than offset by the benefit that could arise from schools initially seeing a higher LSAT score.
Thanks. I try. I just looked through OPs post history. Probably a good choice to wait and apply, especially if you are aiming for T14. Anything lower might be fine to go ahead and apply and just let them know you plan to retake with an improvement in your score = more scholarship money. ie. look at mylsn for chances info and see where you stack up with your current numbers, then decide when to apply. But definitely wait for the more reachy schools.

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:47 pm

Why don't you just get your application ready while you're waiting for the October test results to come out? That's a good 3 weeks right there.

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:16 pm

nlee10 wrote:Why don't you just get your application ready while you're waiting for the October test results to come out? That's a good 3 weeks right there.
+1 to that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”