Take Oct or Dec. HELP Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Take Oct or Dec. HELP

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:14 pm

My stats:

I have been getting a 165 (untimed) on my diags, I have been scoring -14 on LR, -5 on RC, and -0 on LG. I have been studying intensively since June, but I feel like i have just recently been getting the material. I can feel myself burning out already because I have been studying maybe 5+ hours everyday since June started...

My goal is 172, should I push forward for the Oct date. Is it possible to jump that much in a month?? Or should I just aim for december?

I have taken maybe 5 timed diagnostic and 3 untimed

PoopNpants

Silver

Re: Take Oct or Dec. HELP

Post by PoopNpants » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:16 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:My stats:

I have been getting a 165 (untimed) on my diags, I have been scoring -14 on LR, -5 on RC, and -0 on LG. I have been studying intensively since June, but I feel like i have just recently been getting the material. I can feel myself burning out already because I have been studying maybe 5+ hours everyday since June started...

My goal is 172, should I push forward for the Oct date. Is it possible to jump that much in a month?? Or should I just aim for december?

I have taken maybe 5 timed diagnostic and 3 untimed
How are you timed? to get a 172 you really gotta be able to kill it doing timed PTs. whether or not you gonna get there in 5 weeks is up to you. I'd say from what you said you should probably consider Dec over Nov if you want a 172. don't sign up til your PTing at that level

lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:25 pm

Timed, I'm around a 161 maybe sometimes even a 159...

I'm just scared because my first time will be in december then...and if i dont do well, I can't apply for this round of applications :(

pterodactyls

Silver

Post by pterodactyls » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:33 pm

How much does the money matter? As far as paying to take twice.

Most schools take the highest score, so taking in October and retaking in December wouldn't be the worst thing.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:25 pm

I wouldn't advise taking until you are at a higher score (ie. don't listen to the guy above me). Taking now, with the ability and goals to score higher is just a waste. Depending upon your goals, waiting a year might be a good idea. I ended up taking a year because my admissions cycle didn't go as planned, retook and got a higher score which opened up the possibility of better doors (which I will be pursuing when this cycle begins). Don't settle for a score or school that you wouldn't be proud of. Also, take some time off. Burning out is a very real problem and can hurt your improvement. Take a week, or even just a few days to recoup.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”