Timed Drilling? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Talarose

Bronze

Timed Drilling?

Post by Talarose » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:54 pm

I've been drilling LR and have improved a lot. I am only getting a few wrong but untimed, obviously. Do I just start taking more PT? How do I transition from untimed nearly perfect LR to timed questions?

PoopNpants

Silver

Re: Timed Drilling?

Post by PoopNpants » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:59 pm

Talarose wrote:I've been drilling LR and have improved a lot. I am only getting a few wrong but untimed, obviously. Do I just start taking more PT? How do I transition from untimed nearly perfect LR to timed questions?
It depends. If your spending like 3 minutes per question, then getting it right doesn't mean much. you got to keep that accuracy while stringently timing yourself. Do a LR section and time yourself and see how you do.

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:01 pm

Talarose wrote:I've been drilling LR and have improved a lot. I am only getting a few wrong but untimed, obviously. Do I just start taking more PT? How do I transition from untimed nearly perfect LR to timed questions?
You time yourself.

LR isn't one of the time restrictive sections. In LG you need to sacrifice thoroughness for time because you could theoretically spend forever working out the problem. In LR though, if you can get every question right 100% of the time you should have no problem doing it quickly. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast for LR.

Talarose

Bronze

Post by Talarose » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:48 pm

TripTrip wrote:
You time yourself.

LR isn't one of the time restrictive sections. In LG you need to sacrifice thoroughness for time because you could theoretically spend forever working out the problem. In LR though, if you can get every question right 100% of the time you should have no problem doing it quickly. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast for LR.
I'm worried about that because originally, I could get through every question in LR but would get 1/3 of them wrong because I was moving too fast.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”