Post removed... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Phoenix97

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Phoenix97 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:54 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

lpadr009

New

Re: I'M GETTING WORSE AFTER STUDYING!!

Post by lpadr009 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:11 pm

sounds like a bit of a burn out. maybe take 2 days off

Phoenix97

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Phoenix97 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Post removed...

kcho10

New

Post by kcho10 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:05 pm

Definitely try not to panic. That will get you nowhere and if anything your score will drop even more. I've experienced something similar...though I didn't take a prep test to see if my score dropped. Instead, I could tell I was missing easy individual questions in my practice, while most of the time I could get nearly all the questions right. I found out that in the process of making my approach to the questions gradually more and more complex to make myself a better test taker, I started to lose sight of the basics. To resolve this, I had to start over from the ground up. I mean, it wasn't completely a "start-over" because I still had a much better grasp of the basics than I did when I first started studying, but I definitely had to regain my confidence that way. But then I found that the more complex methods that I had been focusing on came back even stronger, and I improved even more. I hope the same happens to you. If it's not that, I think it could be a lot of other things. It could be that maybe you're tired, overly anxious, etc. Try reminding yourself of the methods as you work through each question and do some more untimed work. Hope this helps

ltowns1

Silver

Post by ltowns1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:18 pm

You can sense the frustration from only your words..if you're as unprepared as you think then taking two days off won't do anything but validate what you've been feeling, which means you prob should postpone, which it seems like you're leaning towards anyway. If it is burnout, you'll be back on track. Taking two days off can do nothing but help in my opinion.
Last edited by ltowns1 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thizzinmybrainsout

New

Post by thizzinmybrainsout » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:19 pm

You sound like law school material

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:27 pm

Just take 2 days off, Christ. These people know what they're talking about. Or you can continue being a neurotic loon and continue slipping...

Phoenix97

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Phoenix97 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:11 pm

Post removed...

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:09 am

Phoenix97 wrote:I'm not postponing.

Reading these responses put me at ease a bit. Thank you to those who offered helpful insight.

I'll just assume the rude responses are from people who are just are just as stressed as I am about preparing for the LSAT, or are already in law school school and living a miserable existence.
Not at all, in fact they are from experienced LSAT tutors and high scoring test takers. We're irritated because we've seen or tutored countless people who have gone through this before, and we recommended the solution which you argued you didn't have time for. You're burned out, it happens. If you rest two days, and I mean seriously... don't just do a game or two, don't sneak a LR section... put away the lsat for a full weekend and enjoy life, play outside and see friends and sleep well.. your score will jump higher than it was before. But what do we know, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dcc617

Gold

Post by Dcc617 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:19 am

In my lsat prep I had to take a few breaks, the last one a couple weeks before the test. I just stopped feeling as sharp and started absolutely dreading my study sessions. After each break I came back rested and at or above the level before the decline.

Burnout is real, and pushing through burnout just leads to mental breakdowns. Take a few days man. You'll feel a lot better on the other side.

Phoenix97

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Phoenix97 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:29 am

Post removed...

Phoenix97

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Phoenix97 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:31 am

Post removed...

Phoenix97

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Phoenix97 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:41 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Broncos15

Bronze

Post by Broncos15 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:41 pm

Remember the LSAT is a skills based test , not a UG exam where memorization is vital.

Use that to your advantage- a 2 day break or more will not cause all the skills and habits you have learned to slip away

LitigatingLiar

Bronze

Post by LitigatingLiar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:22 pm

Phoenix, listen, we've all gone through this. This is a very hard test and you an burn out easily. Believe what we're telling you. Take a few days off. It is going to help you. If you've been studying for months, you're not going to forget what you've learned in those two days. You might even need more than two days if your score has really plummeted. You're going to be fine. It's ok to pull back a little, if you know you are solid on the process for the different questions. At this point you're just trying to stay in shape for game day.

Phoenix97

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Phoenix97 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:42 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

ltowns1

Silver

Post by ltowns1 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:09 pm

Phoenix97 wrote:I really appreciate all of the advice and support I received here. It really has put me at ease quite a bit. I apologize for coming off as a bit unhinged.

I'm returning to my dance class tonight after skipping the last two sessions, going to find a binge-worthy show/engrossing book for the weekend, and [do my best to] relax. :D
It's cool...some of us are In the battle right now as well. The LSAT can get the best of all us at times.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kcho10

New

Post by kcho10 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:40 am

In his defense...this test is a pretty big deal. I had the same experience and I panicked quite a bit too...I think that's natural when you really care about your score. I don't see why everyone was being so rude in response to it

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:54 am

I feel you OP, I was scuffling two days ago drilling some Point at Issue question then I took a test yesterday and scored a 156, I was so fried throughout the test that getting through the stim in LR was grueling for me. I had a prep class today but I didn't really do anything outside of that and even though I'm going to drill a little tomorrow I'm gonna take Saturday off just to rest my brain a little bit.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:34 am

Phoenix97 wrote:I really appreciate all of the advice and support I received here. It really has put me at ease quite a bit. I apologize for coming off as a bit unhinged.

I'm returning to my dance class tonight after skipping the last two sessions, going to find a binge-worthy show/engrossing book for the weekend, and [do my best to] relax. :D
'atta boy!

Report back on monday and let us know how it goes.

ltowns1

Silver

Post by ltowns1 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:04 am

kcho10 wrote:In his defense...this test is a pretty big deal. I had the same experience and I panicked quite a bit too...I think that's natural when you really care about your score. I don't see why everyone was being so rude in response to it

It's not that you don't care if you don't freak out lol. There are just ways and strategies to handle it. Furthermore if you freak out now because your score dips, than you
prob won't have a chance on test day. As far as the comments go, yes there are some pretty extreme comments on TLS from time to time, but I don't really think any of these qualify.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”