RC note-taking? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
alexjinye

Bronze

RC note-taking?

Post by alexjinye » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:25 am

Hi guys!

Do you find taking notes or not taking it in the RC section help you score higher?
I usually take notes in RC and it generally takes me like 3 and half minutes to finish reading the passage. I realize the downside of this approach is it takes me longer to read the passage and leaves me less time to tackle each question. I averaged -6 in the RC section recently and is not content with this result at all, although I make a lot of careless mistakes. I am thinking about scraping notes. Just want to see what do high scorer prefer.

Cochran

Bronze

Re: RC note-taking?

Post by Cochran » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:10 am

alexjinye wrote:Hi guys!

Do you find taking notes or not taking it in the RC section help you score higher?
I usually take notes in RC and it generally takes me like 3 and half minutes to finish reading the passage. I realize the downside of this approach is it takes me longer to read the passage and leaves me less time to tackle each question. I averaged -6 in the RC section recently and is not content with this result at all, although I make a lot of careless mistakes. I am thinking about scraping notes. Just want to see what do high scorer prefer.
You know, I was wondering the same thing. I've noticed that I usually don't even look at my notes, often remembering the general vicinity of a piece of information. And regarding the detailed questions about a specific word, the question is usually about a word that I haven't even notated. I'm going to try this in my next RC question and see if it helps with speed.

Clemenceau

Silver

Post by Clemenceau » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:13 am

Anything more than some underlining here and there seems like a waste of time/potentially distracting, at least it would be for me.

pittsburghpirates

Silver

Post removed.

Post by pittsburghpirates » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:22 am

Post removed.
Last edited by pittsburghpirates on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

salander

Bronze

Post by salander » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:33 am

Cochran wrote: You know, I was wondering the same thing. I've noticed that I usually don't even look at my notes, often remembering the general vicinity of a piece of information. And regarding the detailed questions about a specific word, the question is usually about a word that I haven't even notated. I'm going to try this in my next RC question and see if it helps with speed.
I think scribbling down short words mainly helped to keep me focused and engaged. In general, though, I'm lazy and preferred to only underline / read for the pure pleasure.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”