How's Powerscore Bible Workbook? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
HYShopefuls

New

How's Powerscore Bible Workbook?

Post by HYShopefuls » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:06 am

Hi all,

I know Powerscore Bible is known as the bible of LSAT. But how's workbook?
I tried to search the forum, but didn't get that many results.
Is there anyone who tried the workbook along with the main Bible? Do you recommend buying it, or is it better to go over the main book and jump to practice tests?

Thanks!

AfroJordan23

New

Re: How's Powerscore Bible Workbook?

Post by AfroJordan23 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:26 am

HYShopefuls wrote:Hi all,

Is there anyone who tried the workbook along with the main Bible? Do you recommend buying it, or is it better to go over the main book and jump to practice tests?

Thanks!
I used the workbook after going through the bible, basically it's just like 10 different drills and afterwards 10 games w/ explanations afterwards. TBH I'd reccomend the cambridge LG packet by type over that if you want drilling practice

HYShopefuls

New

Post by HYShopefuls » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:03 am

AfroJordan23 wrote:

Thanks!
I used the workbook after going through the bible, basically it's just like 10 different drills and afterwards 10 games w/ explanations afterwards. TBH I'd reccomend the cambridge LG packet by type over that if you want drilling practice

Thank you for the reply. I'll check out Cambridge LG, too. Did you do drilling practices before moving onto practice tests, or did you do them simultaneously? Thanks again.

AfroJordan23

New

Post by AfroJordan23 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:55 pm

HYShopefuls wrote:
AfroJordan23 wrote:

Thanks!

Thank you for the reply. I'll check out Cambridge LG, too. Did you do drilling practices before moving onto practice tests, or did you do them simultaneously? Thanks again.
First I drilled, then did PTs. I did some games over as many as 10 times, I used the 7sage method it really works wonders. Go for accuracy first, then speed, then put it all together by doing PTs

HYShopefuls

New

Post by HYShopefuls » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:49 pm

AfroJordan23 wrote:
HYShopefuls wrote:
AfroJordan23 wrote:

Thanks!

First I drilled, then did PTs. I did some games over as many as 10 times, I used the 7sage method it really works wonders. Go for accuracy first, then speed, then put it all together by doing PTs
Sounds great. Thanks for the tip!

Hornet2011

Bronze

Post by Hornet2011 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:31 pm

I have to agree. I would use the Powerscore Bible combined with 7sage. I improved my score from a 158 to a 166 this past June (a lot of my PTs were higher though) and my biggest problem was games. I would also recommend using the cambridge packets. Additionally I know it is a little cost prohibitive but given the cost of law school either buy several copies of the most recent tests or make photocopies of the game packets from the last 10 or or so tests and drill those. I felt like the games are starting to get significantly more different than they were before. But that's just my 2 cents.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”