I Need the best a) logical reasoning prep book and b) RC prep book Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
smart-comment

New

I Need the best a) logical reasoning prep book and b) RC prep book

Post by smart-comment » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:27 pm

I have the powerscore logic games bible and it is the best

However I heard that powerscore should just stick to logic games as the LR and RC book of theirs dosn't match up to the LG bible quality.

So then people said to get Manhattan LR and RC since its way better, but I look at amazon and there's all these fake 5 star reviews for them.

Whats the best RC and LR book????

pittsburghpirates

Silver

Post removed.

Post by pittsburghpirates » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:43 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by pittsburghpirates on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond

Re: I Need the best a) logical reasoning prep book and b) RC prep book

Post by Rigo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:00 pm

Manhattan LR for sure.
No truly awesome RC book but I'd go Manhattan there too.

Pilloriedbrain

New

Post by Pilloriedbrain » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:49 pm

smart-comment wrote:I have the powerscore logic games bible and it is the best

However I heard that powerscore should just stick to logic games as the LR and RC book of theirs dosn't match up to the LG bible quality.

So then people said to get Manhattan LR and RC since its way better, but I look at amazon and there's all these fake 5 star reviews for them.

Kaplan has provided a 1000 page tome on the LSAT, and I'm working through it. My god it's made such a difference. I also got a book on masters thesis and doing advanced level research. It's given me an excellent extension to my analytical writing. I'm going to finish both books completely. If its not enough, I'll just another book. I can recommend that much.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:41 am

Don't waste time or money on Kaplan, OP.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

yangwenli

New

Post by yangwenli » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:20 am

I know that TLS can sometimes feel like it's filled with marketing reps for Manhattan and The LSAT Trainer, but they really are the best books for LR right now. There's nothing wrong with PowerScore, but I can say that its LGB's approach is a little dated, and their diagramming is a little slow and counterintuitive. Do not use Kaplan.

smart-comment

New

Post by smart-comment » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:57 am

yangwenli wrote:I know that TLS can sometimes feel like it's filled with marketing reps for Manhattan and The LSAT Trainer, but they really are the best books for LR right now. There's nothing wrong with PowerScore, but I can say that its LGB's approach is a little dated, and their diagramming is a little slow and counterintuitive. Do not use Kaplan.
Yeah I've heard Kaplan was horrible, and don't even use real questions.

And yeah it seems this forum is full of marketing reps trying to get you into thier course/buy thier books.

I took the advice and bought the 3rd edition Manhattan RC and RC books used, it was only like 5 bucks each. I also bought the LSAT trainer PDF as a little extra. I'll print out only the RC and LR parts of the LSAT trainer, as I don't need LG and already have the Bible for that.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Pilloriedbrain wrote:
smart-comment wrote:I have the powerscore logic games bible and it is the best

Kaplan has provided a 1000 page tome on the LSAT, and I'm working through it. My god it's made such a difference. I also got a book on masters thesis and doing advanced level research. It's given me an excellent extension to my analytical writing. I'm going to finish both books completely. If its not enough, I'll just another book. I can recommend that much.
Why would a book that improves your analytical writing help you with the LSAT, more so than a book that teaches the LSAT?

Alex93

New

Post by Alex93 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:56 pm

Manhattan LR is phenomenal, but LSAT Trainer is pretty good too. I read Manhattan RC and I honestly thought LSAT Trainer was better for RC. I think you'd do good getting both Manhattan LR and The Trainer for LR/RC.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”