Personal Study Advice Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kylemolodets

Bronze

Personal Study Advice

Post by kylemolodets » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:07 am

Alrighty folks, looking for some advice.

To give a brief history, I started looking at the LSAT in 2012 while at college, did PTs every now and then and took a class that I remember nothing of. I left the U.S. and went to a country where I rarely used my english and was there for two years, and got back about a year ago. Since being back I've delved into PT's and the LSAT trainer as my main methods of study. I took the test this month, and felt better than I thought I would. However, I know there is room to improve. I'm looking to buckle down and get a lot more involved in my studying. What I mean by that is to drill specific types of problems, etc.

I've looked at many of the guides posted on this forum in the last couple of years, and just want some final advice before I make my study schedule for the October test.

LG is by far my strongest section, scoring an average of -1 or -2. LR is my "middle" section, and depending on the day can fluctuate between -4 and -7. RC is my worst, with my almost always running out of time. I feel like at this point I need to just get out and do PTs and drilling to improve mainly, but if there are books you think I should read let me know (I went over the bibles awhile ago, but plan on reviewing them in my free time). How have you done your drilling in the past? What does your study schedule look like? I know there are a million posts like this one, but whenever I try to make a schedule I feel like I am always leaving something out or don't know the drilling resources well enough (as in I don't own them, still confused which ones I should get this week).

I still don't feel like I"m giving enough information, but looking at my low 160s LSAT scores based on my sections, how would you go about drilling?
What would you do if you were me.

mamsiey

New

Re: Personal Study Advice

Post by mamsiey » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:37 am

Thumbs up on LG section!!!! When do you plan on taking the LSAT? I am assuming October. To improve RC section you should use Manhattan LSAT prep or LSAT Trainer. Both are great for drilling. You can combine them with the Cambridge packets and drill them by type so you master the various question types.

kylemolodets

Bronze

Post by kylemolodets » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:26 am

Thanks! Yeah, October is the goal. For LR drilling, what have you found works best? What amount of each question type do you drill in one sitting? I guess I could wait until I get the packets and see then, it's probably pretty self explanatory haha

EDIT: I'm hoping drilling RC sections over and over will help with the timing...

Dexter97

Bronze

Post by Dexter97 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Post removed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”