Lets....talk...adderall... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MrHan

New

Lets....talk...adderall...

Post by MrHan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:03 pm

Thoughts about using it to practice and prepare for the exam?
And in addition, using it on test day?
Experiences?

Manteca

Silver

Re: Lets....talk...adderall...

Post by Manteca » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:27 pm

[youtube]aGFNGH9jHyM[/youtube]

sanibella

Bronze

Post by sanibella » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:03 pm

I think you should absolutely take it if you have been diagnosed with an actual condition by a licensed psychiatrist and you plan on continuing to take the medication daily for the rest of your life (or until advised by your doctor) to continue to treat your condition.

Oskosh

Silver

Post by Oskosh » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:05 pm

It's speed.

If you are going to insist on taking it, make sure you take it throughout the course of your studies, and whenever you take practice tests under real conditions. Make sure you are not overdoing it, and that you have a steady supply up until the day of the test.

It won't help you to understand the concepts at a faster rate, but you will be alert and "focused."

whacka

Gold

Post by whacka » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:13 pm

It's a give and take. It will probably heighten your nerves and anxiety on test day, which is something you will not be able to control for in your studies. However, if you are either confident that you don't get testing anxiety or have experience with anxiety + adderral, then it can be valuable to help you get in the zone, which is absolutely crucial for the LSAT. Test it while you study. If it works for you, it could be a great asset

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hi-So - ArshavinFan

Bronze

Post by Hi-So - ArshavinFan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:48 pm

Last edited by Hi-So - ArshavinFan on Tue May 02, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:07 pm

If it gives one a significant advantage, students should be drug tested just like athletes. However, I don't think it gives a significant advantage.

fishpaste1

Bronze

Post removed.

Post by fishpaste1 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:10 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by fishpaste1 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainJapan

Bronze

Post by CaptainJapan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:38 pm

whacka wrote:It's a give and take. It will probably heighten your nerves and anxiety on test day, which is something you will not be able to control for in your studies.

This was my experience. I'm "diagnosed" and had been using a modest dosage for about a year leading up to the exam. It definitely messed with my nerves a little, but I think the payoff of superhuman mental endurance was still worth it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

whacka

Gold

Post by whacka » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:00 pm

RZ5646 wrote:If it gives one a significant advantage, students should be drug tested just like athletes. However, I don't think it gives a significant advantage.
This is a characteristic addition to LSAC's already completely sensible and not at all excessive security measures

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:17 pm

whacka wrote:
RZ5646 wrote:If it gives one a significant advantage, students should be drug tested just like athletes. However, I don't think it gives a significant advantage.
This is a characteristic addition to LSAC's already completely sensible and not at all excessive security measures
Pretty sure in the past they actually fingerprinted students lol

MrHan

New

Post by MrHan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:32 pm

Well I'm assuming every individual experiences different 'feelings' with adderall. However, I just remember good experiences with adderall when it came to crunch time, like final exams week during my undergrad years.
That said, I feel like it does give me this 'third eye', as in...I don't really know how to explain but it just makes me think non-stop 24/7. So essentially it gives me a different perspective on things, ideas, subjects, etc. Maybe this is a bad thing or a good thing for the LSAT? I don't know we'll see. I'll experiment with it soon, (probably sometime this week) and let you guys know how it goes. Cheers!

sanibella

Bronze

Post removed

Post by sanibella » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:50 pm

Post removed
Last edited by sanibella on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MrHan

New

Post by MrHan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:10 pm

sanibella wrote:Starting out your legal career with an illegal act? Cool, bro. Auspicious beginning.

Or you know, you could actually study instead of accepting such desperation that you're willing to break the law and potentially harm your body for a point on the LSAT.
How are you so sure that I'm 'willing to break the law'? You're just assuming at this point that I'm not prescribed and I obtain it ILLEGALLY from another dude on the block. I don't need to explain myself but the point is I get it legally and I just never really took it because it makes me think a lot.
But that's besides the point. Your tone just sounds aggressive and rude, I'm sorry...no need to start a flame war. I was simply asking the TLS community about their experiences and thoughts on Adderall. I'm not harming or putting anyone in danger for crying out loud.

I guess I could see the point that Adderall is a drug and it enhances someone's mental state. Okay, I get it. You feel that you're getting 'cheated' out and others have an 'advantage' over you. But if the test makers absolutely wanted to make sure to ban performance drugs like Adderall they'd impose strict requirements, maybe a drug test or something? ANYWAYS, here...have a Snickers. I think you need one, 'bro'.

Kinky John

Silver

Post by Kinky John » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:38 pm

MrHan wrote:Thoughts about using it to practice and prepare for the exam?
And in addition, using it on test day?
Experiences?
Nothing to add to the discussion, just wanted to thank you for bravely taking on such a unique and controversial topic on these forums

nch2092

New

Post by nch2092 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:42 pm

Diagnosed ADD here... wasn't diagnosed until after college but used it during lsat prep. Some general tips: Use it only during practice lsat's as it helps focus... don't use it all the time you will build up an endurance and personally I do not think its great for you. Nutrition is vital... always... especially while on adderall. I found that utilizing BCAA's, a healthy high protein diet, and even tums or something to decrease the acidity of the body helps maintain focus longer and decrease side effects of adderall. Essentailly, it is a drug that sends your brain in hyper drive (on a small scale) you need nutrients much more so to feed your brain as it is working extra hard. There's a whole lot of science behind this but I can tell you it is either a. truly effective or b. placebo worked nicely. Although I have been diagnosed with ADD, I feel as if it is not in my best interest to take the medicine unless it is really needed... when a timed test like the LSAT has such a massive impact on your future, if you have a learning condition that is curbed by adderall, use it. If you do not have a learning disability, do not use it. This is not me saying do not use it because of illegality, that's your choice to make. I'm saying according to individuals within the medical community, it has no benefit really for those who do not have a legitimate issue. Hope this is helpful.

MrHan

New

Post by MrHan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:48 pm

nch2092 wrote:Diagnosed ADD here... wasn't diagnosed until after college but used it during lsat prep. Some general tips: Use it only during practice lsat's as it helps focus... don't use it all the time you will build up an endurance and personally I do not think its great for you. Nutrition is vital... always... especially while on adderall. I found that utilizing BCAA's, a healthy high protein diet, and even tums or something to decrease the acidity of the body helps maintain focus longer and decrease side effects of adderall. Essentailly, it is a drug that sends your brain in hyper drive (on a small scale) you need nutrients much more so to feed your brain as it is working extra hard. There's a whole lot of science behind this but I can tell you it is either a. truly effective or b. placebo worked nicely. Although I have been diagnosed with ADD, I feel as if it is not in my best interest to take the medicine unless it is really needed... when a timed test like the LSAT has such a massive impact on your future, if you have a learning condition that is curbed by adderall, use it. If you do not have a learning disability, do not use it. This is not me saying do not use it because of illegality, that's your choice to make. I'm saying according to individuals within the medical community, it has no benefit really for those who do not have a legitimate issue. Hope this is helpful.
This was very insightful. Highly appreciated, thanks for the feedback and personal experiences.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sanibella

Bronze

Post removed

Post by sanibella » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:56 pm

Post removed
Last edited by sanibella on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrHan

New

Post by MrHan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:15 pm

sanibella wrote:
MrHan wrote:
sanibella wrote:Starting out your legal career with an illegal act? Cool, bro. Auspicious beginning.

Or you know, you could actually study instead of accepting such desperation that you're willing to break the law and potentially harm your body for a point on the LSAT.
How are you so sure that I'm 'willing to break the law'? You're just assuming at this point that I'm not prescribed and I obtain it ILLEGALLY from another dude on the block. I don't need to explain myself but the point is I get it legally and I just never really took it because it makes me think a lot.
But that's besides the point. Your tone just sounds aggressive and rude, I'm sorry...no need to start a flame war. I was simply asking the TLS community about their experiences and thoughts on Adderall. I'm not harming or putting anyone in danger for crying out loud.

I guess I could see the point that Adderall is a drug and it enhances someone's mental state. Okay, I get it. You feel that you're getting 'cheated' out and others have an 'advantage' over you. But if the test makers absolutely wanted to make sure to ban performance drugs like Adderall they'd impose strict requirements, maybe a drug test or something? ANYWAYS, here...have a Snickers. I think you need one, 'bro'.
Enhancing someone's mental state is not a concern of mine. Adderall will help those who truly have ADHD but if one does not, it is very unlikely to be of any great assistance or give any real advantage. I do not consider it a "performance drug" in that sense at all.

You're wrong. Adderall can be harmful if taken without doctor supervision, for which I have both anecdotal and scientific support. But your body, your LSAT performance, your choices.
You could've just said that before without being rude...
But word, thanks.

whacka

Gold

Post by whacka » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:18 pm

I bet you are a lot of fun to be around irl

sanibella

Bronze

Post removed

Post by sanibella » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:22 pm

Post removed
Last edited by sanibella on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sanibella

Bronze

Post removed

Post by sanibella » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:25 pm

Post removed
Last edited by sanibella on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrHan

New

Post by MrHan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:26 pm

whacka wrote: I bet you are a lot of fun to be around irl
+1

whacka

Gold

Post by whacka » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:27 pm

sanibella wrote:Well whacka, you know what they say... I like me and that's all that matters.
:lol: I don't have anything to add but I wanted to comment to say I enjoyed that post

sanibella

Bronze

Post removed

Post by sanibella » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:28 pm

Post removed
Last edited by sanibella on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”