Logic Games Approch Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ltowns1

Silver

Logic Games Approch

Post by ltowns1 » Sat May 23, 2015 10:53 am

Has anyone used LSAT Instructor Kyle Paswark's logic games approach?? I've used this approach for the past few days combined with the advice that clearly gave me in the "could be true" thread that I imagine some of you have seen. Paswark focuses on the idea that if you spend enough time at the top, meaning if you create several diagrams of most of the possible worlds (two, three, or four)at the beginning of the diagraming(the top), you won't have much to figure out at the bottom (the questions). As a result you spend seconds on the questions, but answer them confidently. I've tried this for the past few days, and it's really, relally working!! Just wondering if anyone else has tried this specific way, and if so what do you think of if?

Side note: I was slowly getting better on LG, but I really sucked in LG. Often getting in mid to high double digits wrong lol
Last edited by ltowns1 on Sat May 23, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whacka

Gold

Re: Logic Games Approch

Post by whacka » Sat May 23, 2015 1:36 pm

Last edited by whacka on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SD1992

New

Post by SD1992 » Mon May 25, 2015 2:25 pm

ltowns1 wrote:Has anyone used LSAT Instructor Kyle Paswark's logic games approach?? I've used this approach for the past few days combined with the advice that clearly gave me in the "could be true" thread that I imagine some of you have seen. Paswark focuses on the idea that if you spend enough time at the top, meaning if you create several diagrams of most of the possible worlds (two, three, or four)at the beginning of the diagraming(the top), you won't have much to figure out at the bottom (the questions). As a result you spend seconds on the questions, but answer them confidently. I've tried this for the past few days, and it's really, relally working!! Just wondering if anyone else has tried this specific way, and if so what do you think of if?

Side note: I was slowly getting better on LG, but I really sucked in LG. Often getting in mid to high double digits wrong lol
IMO this is a good way to learn how to do LGs, but I think it puts you in a position where you risk spending several minutes creating diagrams that you never use. I think the strategy might work better in some sections -- depending on the game and question types as well as your personal strengths and weaknesses -- and worse in others.

You really don't want to waste any time in the LG section, so it might be wise to use this strategy as a starting point as you work toward a strategy that doesn't have such a high risk of wasted time.

ltowns1

Silver

Post by ltowns1 » Mon May 25, 2015 3:42 pm

SD1992 wrote:
ltowns1 wrote:Has anyone used LSAT Instructor Kyle Paswark's logic games approach?? I've used this approach for the past few days combined with the advice that clearly gave me in the "could be true" thread that I imagine some of you have seen. Paswark focuses on the idea that if you spend enough time at the top, meaning if you create several diagrams of most of the possible worlds (two, three, or four)at the beginning of the diagraming(the top), you won't have much to figure out at the bottom (the questions). As a result you spend seconds on the questions, but answer them confidently. I've tried this for the past few days, and it's really, relally working!! Just wondering if anyone else has tried this specific way, and if so what do you think of if?

IMO this is a good way to learn how to do LGs, but I think it puts you in a position where you risk spending several minutes creating diagrams that you never use. I think the strategy might work better in some sections -- depending on the game and question types as well as your personal strengths and weaknesses -- and worse in others.

I'm not just starting my prep, but it seems like it works for me better than anything else I've tried
You really don't want to waste any time in the LG section, so it might be wise to use this strategy as a starting point as you work toward a strategy that doesn't have such a high risk of wasted time.

ltowns1

Silver

Post by ltowns1 » Mon May 25, 2015 4:35 pm

ltowns1 wrote:
SD1992 wrote:

IMO this is a good way to learn how to do LGs, but I think it puts you in a position where you risk spending several minutes creating diagrams that you never use. I think the strategy might work better in some sections -- depending on the game and question types as well as your personal strengths and weaknesses -- and worse in others

I not just starting, but this what seems to help more than really anything I've tried for some reason

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”