feel as if i've plateaued, goal of 165. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
asabb11

New

feel as if i've plateaued, goal of 165.

Post by asabb11 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:03 pm

I'm taking the June lsat, just about 26 days or so from now. my goal is a 165, and i have taken about 6 prep tests with a high score of 159 and a low of 156. i have just began reviewing the questions after every prep test, and have been going over powerscore lessons of reading comp and logic games to solidify my understanding, and i feel as if it helps, but when i go to apply to the exam, same results. can anybody give me any tips to raise my overall score? reading comp is def my weakness, with a -8 to -11 range there. help would be appreciated.

TheodoreKGB

Bronze

Re: feel as if i've plateaued, goal of 165.

Post by TheodoreKGB » Tue May 12, 2015 9:18 pm

Last edited by TheodoreKGB on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asabb11

New

Post by asabb11 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:31 pm

TheodoreKGB wrote:Your best bet is to push the exam to October. If your high watermark is 159, it's unlikely you'll hit 165 on test day in roughly three weeks.

There's really no downside to taking the fall test. By the time you get your score back it's still plenty early in the cycle.
any advice that does not consist of pushing the test date?

sanibella

Bronze

Post by sanibella » Wed May 13, 2015 8:04 pm

Are you working FT? PT? In school?

How many hours per week can you devote to studying?

asabb11

New

Post by asabb11 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:08 pm

sanibella wrote:Are you working FT? PT? In school?

How many hours per week can you devote to studying?
took the month off of work, i can devote up to 8 hours a day to studying. i have started to focus on reading comp today. doing about 15 passages and improving slowly but surely. i haven't given it as much time as i should have, but the next few days at least will be devoted to rc.

sanibella

Bronze

Post by sanibella » Wed May 13, 2015 10:19 pm

LSAT Trainer has a month schedule you might want to try if you are dead set on taking it in June. I think your section breakdown, perceived strengths and weaknesses, and explanation of test date importance would be helpful to know. Ultimately if you are not scoring at your goal, you need to postpone. But if you have a compelling reason for the June test, you could do the trainer schedule and decide a day or two before the test if you'd like to still go through with it.

However, that will burn through a lot of material.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”