Best Online Resources/Classes for LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Herky Jerky Slo Mo

Gold

Best Online Resources/Classes for LSAT?

Post by Herky Jerky Slo Mo » Mon May 11, 2015 9:23 pm

I'm curious about what the best online resources are for LSAT study? ...pay and free...

I have no clue about which LSAT online courses are considered good, nor what free materials exist. It'd be neat to get some idea of what's out there.

ltowns1

Silver

Re: Best Online Resources/Classes for LSAT?

Post by ltowns1 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:40 pm

Well in terms of online resources its.......this site!! Lol I self-study and I find this site invaluable!! You may look back at the end of your prep and find that the TLS Forum was instrumental in whatever score you got. As far as free materials, there are two free/official LSAC practice tests online. From 2007 and 1996. Type in LSAT free preptest and the year I mentioned for both. In terms of classes I'm not as familiar, but I can say that Manhattan LSAT seems to be good from what I've heard. I'm sure someone else will be able to answer that question better than I can.

Also, here is a link to some information you can use if you're just getting started.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=200917
Last edited by ltowns1 on Mon May 11, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LinkII08

New

Post by LinkII08 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:46 pm

Not trying to be an additional advertisement, but i've been using testmasters for LSAT prep, I find their online resources invaluable. Plus you have academic support that you can contact at any time if you're having trouble with any questions. But I won't deny there are plenty of free resources out there that are equally effective, it just depends on the individuals preferences.

Herky Jerky Slo Mo

Gold

Post by Herky Jerky Slo Mo » Mon May 11, 2015 9:51 pm

ltowns1 wrote:Well in terms of online resources its.......this site!! Lol I self-study and I find this site invaluable!! You may look back at the end of your prep and find that the TLS Forum was instrumental in whatever score you got. As far as free materials, there are two free/official LSAC practice tests online. From 2007 and 1996. Type in LSAT free preptest and the year I mentioned for both. In terms of classes I'm not as familiar, but I can say that Manhattan LSAT seems to be good from what I've heard. I'm sure someone else will be able to answer that question better than I can.

Also, here is a link to some information you can use if you're just getting started.

Thanks.

Herky Jerky Slo Mo

Gold

Post by Herky Jerky Slo Mo » Mon May 11, 2015 9:53 pm

LinkII08 wrote:Not trying to be an additional advertisement, but i've been using testmasters for LSAT prep, I find their online resources invaluable. Plus you have academic support that you can contact at any time if you're having trouble with any questions. But I won't deny there are plenty of free resources out there that are equally effective, it just depends on the individuals preferences.
How much did you pay for access to the materials?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ltowns1

Silver

Post by ltowns1 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:00 pm

carlsenvshikaru wrote:
ltowns1 wrote:Well in terms of online resources its.......this site!! Lol I self-study and I find this site invaluable!! You may look back at the end of your prep and find that the TLS Forum was instrumental in whatever score you got. As far as free materials, there are two free/official LSAC practice tests online. From 2007 and 1996. Type in LSAT free preptest and the year I mentioned for both. In terms of classes I'm not as familiar, but I can say that Manhattan LSAT seems to be good from what I've heard. I'm sure someone else will be able to answer that question better than I can.

Thanks.

Also: http://7sage.com/logic-game-explanations/
Manhattan LR explanations

ngogirl12

Silver

Post by ngogirl12 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:04 pm

I think it's a toss up between 7sage and LSAT Trainer according to this forum. I had already decided on 7sage before I found this forum, so I'm doing that coupled with Cambridge materials for drilling, preptests to gauge my performance, and Manhattan books for RC and LR. So far, I'm finding the Manhattan materials with 7Sage to be great!

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:14 pm

7sage's free LG explanations are awesome.

Paying for any prep course is dumb in my opinion. You'll almost certainly get a better value and a higher score from self-study of a few key books and lots of practice with the test.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Fri May 15, 2015 10:18 pm

I'll always vouch for Velocity first, then 7Sage in second. Velocity's program is priced very fairly, and having gone through it, and all of the 7sage stuff myself, and later going on to teach for a handful of different major prep companies, velocity is still my answer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”