What online prep is recommended for the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

7sage, Blueprint, Other

7Sage
58%
Blueprint
16%
LG Bibles
11%
Other
16%

Total votes: 19

hoping2015

New

What online prep is recommended for the LSAT

Post by hoping2015 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:49 pm

I'm retaking the LSAT, last time I was working 50+ hour weeks and having to start them at 4am. I was also finishing up my undergrad. Then I had a dumb move and only gave myself two months to study. Well I was very disappointed with my score, so I'm going to retake but this time not being in school, working part time, and giving it until October, if I don't feel ready, then I'll give it until December.

I was thinking of tradition classes, but i'll probably be moving states in august or September (hence why i'm thinking December is a better option), so online would be my best route.

I've been looking at 7sage and it looks great! especially for the price, I was also looking at Blueprint, which seems really good. Any others? Anyone taken both? or would a book be better like the LG Bibles? Any advice would be awesome, I don't want to dish our the money if they're not good.

Thank you! :D

Deleterious

New

Re: What online prep is recommended for the LSAT

Post by Deleterious » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:56 pm

velocity

Pacman

New

Post by Pacman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:08 pm

I really can't say enough great things about 7sage. I bought their ultimate package while on deployment last summer and had been picking at it here and there until a month ago and now I have really been hitting it hard. I have learned a lot and made really good strides in all areas. I'm simultaneously working to finish my masters and it has been incredible to see how much better I am at critical and logical analysis just from the 7sage curriculum. If you decide to go with them I'd hurry up and do it this weekend because their LSAC licensing expires on 20APR so after that date you won't be able to download the preptests they offer on PDF or any of the other PDFs they have that use LSAT questions because of LSAC's new PDF ban. If you like the material you have been able to view for free on 7sage then I would say go for it because the quality is indicative of the quality throughout the program and I can't imagine having improved this much without them. It's also a really helpful and interactive community of people. I can't speak for other programs but I can say with a high degree of confidence that you won't regret any investment you make in 7sage.

eb91

New

Post by eb91 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:33 pm

I used the Testmasters online course and went from 152 to 179. It's probably a bit more expensive than the others, but I felt like it was worth it

hoping2015

New

Post by hoping2015 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:43 pm

Deleterious wrote:velocity
Why velocity? what did you find useful?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:53 pm

Tbh none. You can do really well for 0 dollars on any LSAT class. 7sage for LG, Manhattan for everything else. Get the LG Bible and the LSAT trainer and buy PTs and you should be set. You may have to get the Manhattan LR if you're weak there

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:33 am

Deleterious wrote:velocity
YES. I thought I was the last one around here that was all about velocity. When I took the lsat velocity was everyone's go to response to this question. I killed it after velocity and still keep in touch with Dave years later. Wouldn't recommend anything else.

MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Post by MistakenGenius » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:35 am

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

179orBust

Bronze

Post by 179orBust » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:05 am

How's Velocity for RC? Looking for a course that just focuses on this section. Need improvement with timing. Typically go -5,-6 and that's because I always have to leave out a few questions. Looking to cut it down to -3 and below. Thanks in advance.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:19 pm

179orBust wrote:How's Velocity for RC? Looking for a course that just focuses on this section. Need improvement with timing. Typically go -5,-6 and that's because I always have to leave out a few questions. Looking to cut it down to -3 and below. Thanks in advance.
Read the MLSAT reading comp guide, and practice your brains out. It's silly to spend money just for reading comp, it's not really technique driven like lr and lg. You'll get just as good at it with a book and a ton of practice.

Monkey D Luffy

Bronze

Post by Monkey D Luffy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:43 pm

I'm also interested in this.... I definitely need to improve on LR and RC by October :x

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”