All testing centers full...wait list or travel out of state? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jxenge123

New

All testing centers full...wait list or travel out of state?

Post by jxenge123 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:32 pm

I've been lurking on this site for a while but have not posted until now. I've been studying intensively since January but when I went to register for the test I realized to my dismay that all of the testing centers around me are fully booked. There are locations available out of state, but this would be about a 4 hour drive. Before I sign up and pay for this, I was hoping if someone with some experience with the waiting list could tell me if spots usually open up for it.

Thank you

MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Post by MistakenGenius » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:50 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ReasonableNprudent

Bronze

Re: All testing centers full...wait list or travel out of state?

Post by ReasonableNprudent » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:31 am

Yeah, I wouldn't take the gamble. Book at the cushiest testing facility that is somewhat nearby. There are usually reviews to be found (I did mine at a small university in a tiny classroom with very large tables and only about 20 other people in the room).

Drive two or three days before, so that you can do some drilling/practice two days before, maybe a little on the day before, and be rested and back in the zone on game day. Book a decent hotel near the facility, many even opulent if the money doesn't matter.
I'd also probably make a short trip to the facility so you know what you are in for/where to go/are generally familiar with your surroundings.

jxenge123

New

Re: All testing centers full...wait list or travel out of state?

Post by jxenge123 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:58 am

Thanks for the advice! Going to sign up for the out of state testing center today and will plan on getting there a couple days before the test so I can get in a nice rhythm in the new environment. On a side note, hopefully this is not indicative of a large increase in test takers for next cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”