India LSAT PT 2 (2012), S3, Q10 & Q14 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Hi-So - ArshavinFan

Bronze

India LSAT PT 2 (2012), S3, Q10 & Q14

Post by Hi-So - ArshavinFan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:53 pm

Hey Everyone,

I'm posting here to see if anybody can help me in trying to figure out the answers to two Flaw Questions that appeared in Section 3 of the 2012 LSAT India Exam. The link to the Exam is Right HERE!

http://www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindi ... nal_v2.pdf

The first one would be Q10 in S3. I picked A, based off the fact that I thought it encapsulated the flaw more articulately than D. I know that D is an example of a shell game answer choice, but it still is confusing. Can someone provide me with an 100% correct reason why A is correct - or is my reason adequate enough?

The second one is Q14. This one was quite tough for me ( I didn't know what the definition of morally arbitrary was, I looked it up and I believe it to be "morally unjust") Can someone explain this problem as well. I picked C off of POE because it was the only answer choice that seemed to imply the forced compromises the opposition groups forced on democratic governments were not actually "harmful" or "undemocratic", which was the assumption the argument required.

Thanks!

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Re: India LSAT PT 2 (2012), S3, Q10 & Q14

Post by Clyde Frog » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:25 pm

#10 (A) points out the flaw quite well as the prosecutor's actions are assumed to represent the Athenian people as a whole, which may not be the case. (D) Is irrelevant as we're concerned with the jump from prosecutor opinion to Athenian public opinion.

#14 Arbitrary means not planned or chosen for a particular reason.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”