June LSAT retake for wait list admission? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Harry_Pluxen

Bronze

June LSAT retake for wait list admission?

Post by Harry_Pluxen » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:19 pm

Hey all,

I have been waitlisted at University of Washington and Boston College and I'm certain that my LSAT score was the reason for this. I would retake in June to either get off waitlists this year or reapply next year with a better score.

Are people generally successful at gaining admission off of waitlists if they retake the June LSAT and perform better (5+ point increase)?

greenapples

Bronze

Re: June LSAT retake for wait list admission?

Post by greenapples » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:26 pm

Harry_Pluxen wrote:Hey all,

I have been waitlisted at University of Washington and Boston College and I'm certain that my LSAT score was the reason for this. I would retake in June to either get off waitlists this year or reapply next year with a better score.

Are people generally successful at gaining admission off of waitlists if they retake the June LSAT and perform better (5+ point increase)?
I've heard that it is highly likely that you will gain admission if you retake and perform better... but only if your increased score is within the school's range.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:21 am

Yes. Definitely retake. You have nothing to lose.

As an aside, don't be suckered into paying sticker for these schools. Reapply next year if financial aid isn't satisfactory.

Good luck.

Blueprint Ben

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Ben » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:39 am

Just echoing everything that has been said here: Schools use waitlists to shore up their numbers after admits have decided matriculate elsewhere. Any increase in your LSAT score will improve your chances of being admitted off of a waitlist.

Merit aid is generally harder to come by later in the cycle, and you might not get as much off a waitlist as you would if you applied early next cycle with your improved score. So you should strongly consider sitting out if your score improves but your aid offers are low.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”