What would you tell yourself at start of your LSAT journey? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
pancakes3

Platinum

Re: What would you tell yourself at start of your LSAT journey?

Post by pancakes3 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:36 pm

Pick a good testing center, facility-wise. You don't want to take the LSAT on a cramped small wooden half-desk.

rdawkins28

Bronze

Post by rdawkins28 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:54 am

hereisonehand wrote:"The LSAT is a journey, not a destination"

BP Ralph Waldo
Embrace the LSAT with open arms. Learn to love it, love it like when you love a woman.

Use one of the 180 guides on TLS and stick to it faithfully. There will be low points in your study, but don't stop believin' in yourself. If others doubt you, you must separate ways with them. Any way, you must want it and want it badly.

And when you reach that final destination, you will kill the LSAT.

UnicornHunter

Diamond

Post by UnicornHunter » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:57 am

ymmv wrote:Don't go.
This. Worst case scenario is that you get a good LSAT and then you feel obligated to go to law school. Best to never find out.

Dog

Bronze

Post by Dog » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:06 pm

Scoring any higher wouldn't have improved my outcome and I hit my goal score so I wouldn't tell myself anything. When people ask for advice now, I generally recommend taking a cold diagnostic (just to get an idea of where you're at), going through the Manhattan pack while taking some sectional tests, then taking 15-30 PTs while reviewing weak spots and supplementing with a few additional sectional tests. Give yourself at least 3 months, and longer if you're not capable of studying at least 10-15 hours a week. I think 4 months is solid.

Have a very real goal of what you want to score and what results it will get you.

ReasonableNprudent

Bronze

Post by ReasonableNprudent » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:33 pm

Spend more time prepping and don't be in such a rush.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:42 pm

pancakes3 wrote:Pick a good testing center, facility-wise. You don't want to take the LSAT on a cramped small wooden half-desk.
This is not easy to do though. There are very few test center reviews available, and they can always change the room/building anyway and render historical data meaningless.

leslieknope

Silver

Post by leslieknope » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:43 pm

RZ5646 wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:Pick a good testing center, facility-wise. You don't want to take the LSAT on a cramped small wooden half-desk.
This is not easy to do though. There are very few test center reviews available, and they can always change the room/building anyway and render historical data meaningless.
Usually TCR is to take it at a law school instead of at a UG. You can also check with the local test prep companies- they usually have TC recommendations.

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:47 pm

leslieknope wrote:
RZ5646 wrote:
Usually TCR is to take it at a law school instead of at a UG. You can also check with the local test prep companies- they usually have TC recommendations.
+1
Feb was my first time and took at a local TTTT. We got started within 25 mins after getting seated in the room and had plenty of space.

ltowns1

Silver

Post by ltowns1 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Save preptests until you read instructional booklets, find a site like this at the very beginning of my prep, buy manhattan LR book instead of power score LR, and most importantly, DONT PUT SO MUCH PRESSURE ON YOURSELF. Set a reasonable goal that you feel like you can achieve in the time you set to take the test, and realize that you don't have to reach your target the first time. With the exception of maybe Yale, all schools in the t-14, and in the top 100 realize that this is a highly pressurized test, and people get nervous, become anxious, etc, scoring in the top percentile is not necessary the first time you take the test.Also, don't take any shortcuts, or think you can outsmart the test. If you want a very high score, eventually, you're going to have to learn ALL the techniques. Of course some will come easier than others. I remember early in my prep, I hated conditional reasoning, and I vowed that I wouldn't really focus on it... Welp, I stuck to my end of the bargain, but the test beat me into submission lol. It's almost like the test forces you in some way or another to comfront whatever demons you have on this test in order to master it. Before I knew it, I was doing conditional reasoning pretty routinely on certain questions, which utimately proved to be for the better. In short, go ahead and do what you don't think you need to do, because eventually the test will back you into a corner regardless. Finally, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:01 am

Don't switch those two answers in the second section.

Wild Card

Silver

Post by Wild Card » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:57 am

Drill, baby, drill.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”