FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

EvergreenStateLady

Bronze

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Post by EvergreenStateLady » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:45 pm

peppermint wrote:I feel like it's graduation day & everyone's going their separate ways, we'll never poast together again. *sad sigh*
I bet we'll talk again on here. Who knows maybe some of us will meet in rl. :D

nv93

Bronze

Post by nv93 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:49 pm

I did bad and not good enough to get into most schools I want to, so I need to get about a 10 point jump to around a 160. I could even settle for a 5-7 point jump with a 157. Is it feasible to go up by 10 in three months of studying?

TetrisBlock

Bronze

Post by TetrisBlock » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:49 pm

brusselsprouts wrote:
EvergreenStateLady wrote:
brusselsprouts wrote:167! retaking in October, but pleasantly surprised! really thought I bombed.
Congratulations that's a good score to have as a backup! I said this before but I love your tar! ^_^

thanks! you really are so sweet! must be because the lsat hasn't taken your soul
Seriously great 'tar.

GameOfLoans

New

Post by GameOfLoans » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:51 pm

I LOVE ALL OF YOU AND IM SO HAPPY ITS caps lock I'm gonna miss you guys :( but best of luck to everyone.

Also

This was the easiest test you'll take for law school.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:51 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheProdigal

Silver

Post by TheProdigal » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:52 pm

nv93 wrote:I did bad and not good enough to get into most schools I want to, so I need to get about a 10 point jump to around a 160. I could even settle for a 5-7 point jump with a 157. Is it feasible to go up by 10 in three months of studying?
Absolutely!

CambrianExplosives

Bronze

Post by CambrianExplosives » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:53 pm

nv93 wrote:I did bad and not good enough to get into most schools I want to, so I need to get about a 10 point jump to around a 160. I could even settle for a 5-7 point jump with a 157. Is it feasible to go up by 10 in three months of studying?
Yes, absolutely. Especially at where you are on the curve. It's a lot easier to go from 150 to 160 in 3 months than it is to go from 170 to 180 in the same time for example. 3 months can make a lot of difference. At the end of the day it will depend on your style and how long you need to study on a personal level, but its certainly possible.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Silver

Post by WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nv93

Bronze

Post by nv93 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:55 pm

Dirigo wrote:
Yes, especially when starting from ~150.
Rigo, any study plans? I don't have huge goal, it's just I want to do well enough given my circumstances. I don't think even Miami would take me despite my GPA being above average for them. ~ 150 is not their avg either. I think I'll just apply asap and just hope to get them to hold off my case file until June. I am really disappointed I cannot become a Gator, but FSU is probably better if I can good money there. But Iowa is the goal.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TetrisBlock

Bronze

Post by TetrisBlock » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:57 pm

Smallville wrote:
Smallville wrote:no worries y'all, if you didn't do as you hoped, Ill see you in June (or Oct but you should obvi pop in June thread)
[youtube]nfWlot6h_JM[/youtube]
QFNP
*feigns to dislike taylor swift*
*presses play endlessly*

EvergreenStateLady

Bronze

Post by EvergreenStateLady » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:57 pm

sfoglia wrote:Turns out the curve was -2, guys! See you in the June study group.
I'm sorry. I know you'll kick butt when you take the June test!

*insert Rocky style training scene with sfog finishing a PT, then beating it up with her fists, then running away eventually climbing up a bunch of steps to jump and up down cheering*

TheProdigal

Silver

Post by TheProdigal » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:57 pm

nv93 wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
Yes, especially when starting from ~150.
Rigo, any study plans? I don't have huge goal, it's just I want to do well enough given my circumstances. I don't think even Miami would take me despite my GPA being above average for them. ~ 150 is not their avg either. I think I'll just apply asap and just hope to get them to hold off my case file until June. I am really disappointed I cannot become a Gator, but FSU is probably better if I can good money there. But Iowa is the goal.
You're a Floridian? What are you goals/how does Iowa fit in?

EvergreenStateLady

Bronze

Post by EvergreenStateLady » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:59 pm

jgraves0510 wrote:First time taking: 163. Pretty disappointed because I know I could have done better but it's okay, I'll just retake in June. Its my own fault because I only studied for a week or so before the test. Congrats to everyone whether you got the score you wanted, have been given the drive to do better next time, or have the relief of having this test off your back.
That's a good score for only studying for a week! I'm certain you'll do great in June after you have studied for a while.

ETA: I love your tar! :mrgreen:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:03 am

EvergreenStateLady

Bronze

Post by EvergreenStateLady » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:19 am

Radioheader wrote:First timer here, 163. Kinda disappointing considering my diagnostic was a 158 and I've been averaging 170-172 on my PTs. I think horrible test conditions and first time jitters got to me.

Going to purchase the Cambridge PDFs and get to work for June! I never really focused on drilling so I'm hoping doing so will lead to some good results.

Congrats to people satisfied with your scores, and my sympathy to those who aren't. We can do this though, keep your heads up.
If the horrible test conditions had to do with your testing center there are a few sites that have reviews of test centers:

http://lsatcenters.wikia.com/wiki/LSAT_Test_Center_Wiki

http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-site-rater.php

Sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your score. But good luck in June and I love your positive attitude!

dizzydg

New

Post by dizzydg » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:22 am

nosocat wrote:
crazyhazy wrote:
EvergreenStateLady wrote:
dizzydg wrote:169. This was my first rodeo. Was testing low 170s so kind of dissappointed but it's hard to simulate the real deal.. This definitely felt tougher than PTs.

Good luck to everyone else! Ty so much to the contributors of this thread. Really helped the time fly--sorry for not contributing early. Maybe I'll stick around for the June retake thread ;)
169 is a good score, congrats! Sorry it wasn't quite what you were hoping for. I bet you'll do even better next time.
evergreen I think you are the sweetest person on this thread. It's a beautiful thing to watch.
Agreed! I love that you are taking the time to respond to so many, whether they were happy with their scores or not. :)
I just wish everyone could have had good news... :(
Thank you, evergreen. These guys are right, you're just dandy--everyone on here is awesome and can't wait to step up my TLS game in june :mrgreen:

trouvere

New

Post by trouvere » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:24 am

...I just wanted to pop back and tell you guys that the LSAT angels do exist!!

I was averaging maybe 166-167 (and not timing myself as strictly as the actual testing conditions), and I opened my score and... 171. I stared at it for a few seconds and thought I was looking in the wrong place (this is my first time taking), but then I was just screaming and my dad got so scared looolll

When I told my dad he was really happy but then he was like "wow seriously? I thought you'd get like, maybe 168 tops, is this actually happening?"

So, yeah, for anyone taking it again in June, just believe that you can outdo yourself on the actual test day!

Thanks so much to all of you, could not have made it through the waiting etc without you guys. I mostly lurked but seriously enjoyed all of the things and insanity. Best of luck to all of you!!!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JackelJ

Silver

Post by JackelJ » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:27 am

thats awesome, congrats trouvere!

EvergreenStateLady

Bronze

Post by EvergreenStateLady » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:28 am

CambrianExplosives wrote:
McJimJam wrote:Just noticed your old tar CE, back from my lurkin' days, I love it :D
Yep. I promised Smalls I would change it back if I got a 172+ and I don't need the LSAT Karma gods on me for not following through. I'll be keeping this for a while at least. :D

BTW, your tar is great. It always makes me grin when I see it.
Yeah I also love your tar! :D

McJimJam

Silver

Post removed.

Post by McJimJam » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:31 am

Post removed.
Last edited by McJimJam on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trouvere

New

Post by trouvere » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:32 am

JackelJ wrote:thats awesome, congrats trouvere!
Thanks!! Btw I love Blair her style is impeccable

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CambrianExplosives

Bronze

Post by CambrianExplosives » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:33 am

trouvere wrote:...I just wanted to pop back and tell you guys that the LSAT angels do exist!!

I was averaging maybe 166-167 (and not timing myself as strictly as the actual testing conditions), and I opened my score and... 171. I stared at it for a few seconds and thought I was looking in the wrong place (this is my first time taking), but then I was just screaming and my dad got so scared looolll

When I told my dad he was really happy but then he was like "wow seriously? I thought you'd get like, maybe 168 tops, is this actually happening?"

So, yeah, for anyone taking it again in June, just believe that you can outdo yourself on the actual test day!

Thanks so much to all of you, could not have made it through the waiting etc without you guys. I mostly lurked but seriously enjoyed all of the things and insanity. Best of luck to all of you!!!!!
Wow! That's amazing. Good job Trouvere. You must be super excited to get a full 5 points above your average.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:34 am

trouvere

New

Post by trouvere » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:38 am

CambrianExplosives wrote:
trouvere wrote:...I just wanted to pop back and tell you guys that the LSAT angels do exist!!

Wow! That's amazing. Good job Trouvere. You must be super excited to get a full 5 points above your average.
Thanksss. Yeah I don't know how I'm supposed to sleep tonight. I feel like this definitely opens up more possibilities for applications! I'm going to apply for next cycle, but need to start researching since I'm from Canada and so not sure about financial aid, being an international student etc

TetrisBlock

Bronze

Post by TetrisBlock » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:44 am

Dirigo wrote:On today's menu at The Thread Hospice, we have tar compliments!
Average tar.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”