Logical Reasoning Timing - Tips? Advice? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
penncon

New

Logical Reasoning Timing - Tips? Advice?

Post by penncon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:11 pm

I know I'm posting this as a new thread but I'm hoping to reach a wider audience to get some much needed help. Currently, I'm still having timing issues in regards to LR. Timed I can go anywhere from -3 to -4 on each section. During BR, I usually go -2 to -4 for both sections. Do I just have to keep going at it until my timed scores and my blind review scores start to look the same? I have to admit when I time myself, I feel anxiety and rushed. I make small mistakes and don't fully digest the stimulus. I have yet to finish LR with significant time to spare (no more than a minute or two at most). Any advice? Did any of you have this issue too?

stray

Bronze

Re: Logical Reasoning Timing - Tips? Advice?

Post by stray » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:16 pm

Where are you making the mistakes? Im guessing post-question 14 for each section? Try and speed through the first 14. Just really try and be as quick as you can. First 14 in 15 minutes or 16 minutes is doable. Try and pre-phrase the answer. If you see an answer choice that looks rights, honestly, if its that early (DEF if within the first 10), then it probably is. At that point as fast as you can just skim the other choices. Move on. Then you can have more time with the more difficult questions.

penncon

New

Post by penncon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:18 pm

stray wrote:Where are you making the mistakes? Im guessing post-question 14 for each section? Try and speed through the first 14. Just really try and be as quick as you can. First 14 in 15 minutes or 16 minutes is doable. Try and pre-phrase the answer. If you see an answer choice that looks rights, honestly, if its that early (DEF if within the first 10), then it probably is. At that point as fast as you can just skim the other choices. Move on. Then you can have more time with the more difficult questions.
Thank you for your response. Yes, most of my errors are probably in the last 10 questions. Especially if I'm noticing the clock winding down.

NL2424

Silver

Post by NL2424 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Last edited by NL2424 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:03 pm

zacboro wrote:Just a word of advice, towards the later era of LSATs (50 and up maybe?) the whole "easy first fifteen" "hard last ten" questions isn't how the LR sections always look. It seems that recently they started mixing them up and putting hard questions in the first half, easy in the second half, etc.
I feel like its more 70's where thats really happening, not so much that far down
eta: but yes it does happen and should be taken into consideration

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”