Cancel? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Okie25

New

Cancel?

Post by Okie25 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:58 pm

I've already been admitted to schools I'd attend and will probably be getting scholly info soon. I retook just to see if I couldn't do better. Pretty sure I just bombed. Should I cancel or will schools that have already offered $$$ not really care. I could've scored 5-10 points lower.

Ron Don Volante

Silver

Re: Cancel?

Post by Ron Don Volante » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:59 pm

why do you think you bombed?

Okie25

New

Post by Okie25 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Ron Don Volante wrote:why do you think you bombed?
Completely guessed on two of the games, meaning I put C on 11 straight questions. No idea what happen, completely froze

Ron Don Volante

Silver

Post by Ron Don Volante » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:07 pm

Ah. Sorry to hear that; happens to the best of us. I'd cancel, personally.

sparty99

Gold

Post by sparty99 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:11 pm

Okie25 wrote:I've already been admitted to schools I'd attend and will probably be getting scholly info soon. I retook just to see if I couldn't do better. Pretty sure I just bombed. Should I cancel or will schools that have already offered $$$ not really care. I could've scored 5-10 points lower.
No. You should see what score you received in the case that you might want to retake again. If they already offered money, they aren't going to resend. Additionally, they will care about your highest score.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ron Don Volante

Silver

Post by Ron Don Volante » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:27 pm

when you guess on two full, graded logic games, no good is going to come out of getting it scored.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:30 pm

Ron Don Volante wrote:when you guess on two full, graded logic games, no good is going to come out of getting it scored.
In very few cases I recommend canceling, but in this case I agree. When you guess on half of the LG section it's not gonna be pretty. You can always try again in Feb (assuming this was not test #3).

TetrisBlock

Bronze

Post by TetrisBlock » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:40 pm

Okie25 wrote:
Completely guessed on two of the games, meaning I put C on 11 straight questions. No idea what happen, completely froze
I completely guessed on game 3 and game 4 (aside from the first question for each), but I put all B's for game 3 and all D's for game 4. One of us is very screwed! (we're both screwed)

I'm in a similar boat where I wonder whether I should cancel or not. I got a 170 before and was trying to improve, but I completely blanked on the games this time whereas I did fine on the games in September. Will a 165 or whatever really hurt me or will it not matter? I feel like I paid over a hundred I might as well pray that my guess chain was mostly right. I mean, it's only 10 questions right?

sparty99

Gold

Post by sparty99 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:44 pm

TetrisBlock wrote:
Okie25 wrote:
I completely guessed on game 3 and game 4 (aside from the first question for each), but I put all B's for game 3 and all D's for game 4. One of us is very screwed! (we're both screwed)

I'm in a similar boat where I wonder whether I should cancel or not. I got a 170 before and was trying to improve, but I completely blanked on the games this time whereas I did fine on the games in September. Will a 165 or whatever really hurt me or will it not matter? I feel like I paid over a hundred I might as well pray that my guess chain was mostly right. I mean, it's only 10 questions right?
You will get at least 2 out of 10 correct.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TetrisBlock

Bronze

Post by TetrisBlock » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:49 pm

sparty99 wrote:
TetrisBlock wrote:
Okie25 wrote:

You will get at least 2 out of 10 correct.
Did you take it and you're telling me you think that at least 2 are right? That's actually not too bad. I mean, it could be worse. I could have guessed C's. (Edit: Watch C's be 8 out of 10)

I think that even spotted 8 missed on LG I could have potentially missed few enough on the rest of the test to be around my score from September.

sparty99

Gold

Post by sparty99 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:10 pm

I did not take it. I am saying in general, if you guesses all C's or whatever, you probably at least got 2 out of 10 correct. Perhaps you really nailed the other sections.

Ron Don Volante

Silver

Post by Ron Don Volante » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:21 pm

YEAH BUT THAT'S NOT THE IMPRESSION THE POST GIVES FOR HOW THE REST WENT. TYPICALLY WHEN YOU COMPLETELY FUCK UP A SECTION AND GUESS FOR HALF, YOU'RE GOING TO BE RATTLED AND DO TERRIBLY THE REST OF THE TEST.

OP IF YOU SINCERELY THINK YOU DESTROYED THE REST OF THE TEST BEYOND THE TWO LOGIC GAMES, THEN, YES, I AGREE WITH SPARTY AND YOU SHOULD NOT CANCEL. OTHERWISE TOUGH BREAK BRAH CUT YOUR LOSSES.

hybridarmy

New

Post by hybridarmy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:24 pm

Much like every answer you will ever hear in law school...it depends? I think that if you already feel like you should cancel then my opinion is cancel it. However, did you feel okay about the other parts of the test? You could get 8 wrong on one section and 2 wrong on each of the other sections and end up with a decent score. I am assuming you didn't think this was the experimental section of the exam...? There is a little for you to think about but my suggestion is if you feel bad about it then cancel it. Also don't put yourself through another one test if you already have a school that has accepted with money unless you are right on the cusp of a much higher ranked law school.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Okie25

New

Post by Okie25 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:15 am

Just to confirm since tomorrow's the last day. If I've already been accepted with a good scholly nothing bad can happen if I bombed the test right? Would a school take back the scholly?

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:18 am

Okie25 wrote:Just to confirm since tomorrow's the last day. If I've already been accepted with a good scholly nothing bad can happen if I bombed the test right? Would a school take back the scholly?
No, the school won't take back your scholarship. They care about your highest score. They might only take back if you failed senior year classes or misrepresented yourself, but you haven't, so you're good.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”