How do you use Casio watch (with rotating bezel) during PTs? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
I<3ScholarlySweets!

Bronze

How do you use Casio watch (with rotating bezel) during PTs?

Post by I<3ScholarlySweets! » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:19 am

Based on the recommendation ITT: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1#p7666542 I got the Casio watch. But I don't know how to use it during PTs…

I understand that all you have to do is rotate the bezel to where the minute hand is, but what about the hand for seconds?

For example: My watch is at 8 hr and 37 minutes with 22 seconds. I rotate the bezel so that the "0 mark" is at the 38th minute. But now I would have to wait about 38 seconds so that I can start the countdown of 35 minutes...

haus

Gold

Re: How do you use Casio watch (with rotating bezel) during PTs?

Post by haus » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:09 am

Generally bezel watches are not intended to mark down to the second.

When you are taking a practice test, you get to decide when you are going to start, so pick a noticeable moment on the dial (e.g. 30 seconds, or 0 seconds, whatever works for you), and that will me your mark as you go through the test.

On game day, you will obviously not be able to select your start time, so you will have to settle for the mark of you minutes, and perhaps a memory of where the second had was when the section began. If it really bothers you, since you are going to be looking at your watch anyway in order to set the bezel, you can note the number of seconds and mark that number on your test booklet.

mist4bison

Gold

Re: How do you use Casio watch (with rotating bezel) during PTs?

Post by mist4bison » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:10 am

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”