Gap Year Suggestions Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JazzyLaw1

New

Gap Year Suggestions

Post by JazzyLaw1 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:53 pm

Hey all,

I am currently scheduled to sit the December 6 LSAT. Creeping this site, a reoccurring sentiment I have learned is take time off if you can potentially increase your score. I am leaning towards this idea. What are some strong things to do during the gap year? I don't want to just "hang out." I will obviously study for the LSAT. A good suggestion I have heard is to volunteer during this time. What have other people done to strengthen the resume? What has not worked? Are there any one-year programs, fellowships, or other opportunities to get in?

PS. I apologize if this is not the appropriate place for this question

mist4bison

Gold

Re: Gap Year Suggestions

Post by mist4bison » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:34 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Red

Gold

Post by Big Red » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Last edited by Big Red on Tue May 05, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:50 pm

mist4bison wrote:Get a grown-up job.
She's saying you should become a stripper. Let us know how it goes, OP. Boomers in suits will always appreciate this on your resume.

maroon175

Bronze

Post by maroon175 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:14 pm

JazzyLaw1 wrote:Hey all,

I am currently scheduled to sit the December 6 LSAT. Creeping this site, a reoccurring sentiment I have learned is take time off if you can potentially increase your score. I am leaning towards this idea. What are some strong things to do during the gap year? I don't want to just "hang out." I will obviously study for the LSAT. A good suggestion I have heard is to volunteer during this time. What have other people done to strengthen the resume? What has not worked? Are there any one-year programs, fellowships, or other opportunities to get in?

PS. I apologize if this is not the appropriate place for this question
Currently struggling with the whole work/study/life balance thing. If you can live at home/have some financial support, would definitely suggest getting a part time job or volunteering so that you can devote time to studying. You can always apply and get a grown up job after you sit for the LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”