Specific inquiry on retaking a 3rd time Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
coffee4closers

New

Re: Specific inquiry on retaking a 3rd time

Post by coffee4closers » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Apologies if this should be in the admissions forum

schmelling

Silver

Post removed.

Post by schmelling » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:16 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

coffee4closers

New

Post by coffee4closers » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:50 pm

@schmelling

So taking it the 3rd time ~if I do well~ will help me if I've already submitted apps?

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:43 pm

coffee4closers wrote:@schmelling

So taking it the 3rd time ~if I do well~ will help me if I've already submitted apps?
You can just email/alert the schools you've already submitted apps to that you're going to take the December test and want them to wait for that score before making a decision on your application. When/if you register to take the December test, LSACs system will automatically alert schools you've already submitted completed applications to that you registered to re-take and most schools will wait for the December score before making a decision unless you specifically tell them not to wait and instead to just review and decide based on the scores already on your record.

In short, you can re-take in Dec and it won't be a problem even though you've already submitted some apps and have reported scores. Just make sure to alert and confirm with those schools that you want them to wait for your Dec score before reviewing and making a decision if you decide to re-take, simple as that.

And YES, a higher score from the December test would absolutely improve your admissions chances even though your applications wouldn't be considered complete and reviewed until January at the earliest once Dec scores are released.

TLSanders

Bronze

Post by TLSanders » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:23 pm

When you say that your "average score" was a 167 and then a 170, do you mean that you almost always scored within a couple of points of those numbers, or that your scores fluctuated by several points but ultimately averaged out to those numbers?

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:20 am

TLSanders wrote:When you say that your "average score" was a 167 and then a 170, do you mean that you almost always scored within a couple of points of those numbers, or that your scores fluctuated by several points but ultimately averaged out to those numbers?
Interested to know this as well. I definitely understand that nerves/a variety of other factors can affect you on test day but if it has happened twice now, there be something you need to work on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”