LSAT Prep: Which self study? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
joef1991

New

LSAT Prep: Which self study?

Post by joef1991 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:33 pm

I'm looking for the best self study LSAT course to use. I've heard Powerscore is the best, any suggestions? Also how many hours of prep is the average needed? I know it differs on a per person basis, but a general norm.
Thanks.

iluvcash

New

Re: LSAT Prep: Which self study?

Post by iluvcash » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:03 pm

joef1991 wrote:I'm looking for the best self study LSAT course to use. I've heard Powerscore is the best, any suggestions? Also how many hours of prep is the average needed? I know it differs on a per person basis, but a general norm.
Thanks.
I've been using 7sage, I personally recommend them because I get bored out of my mind and find it hard to remain focused/motivated following a book (I find it dry). With 7sage, J.Y. keeps you entertained though the videos, and it's as if he is right in front of you, teaching you.

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Get a few books and as many PTs as possible. Best books are Powerscore LG Bible, the LSAT Trainer, and either Manhattan or Powerscore for LR.

I read once that the average prep time is 3 months but idk how many hours that translates to, and you can find people here who studied for as little as one day to as much as multiple years, so who knows. Your prep time will be dictated by your starting point and target score... go do the June 2007 test from LSAC's website under proper, timed conditions and see what you get. If you get in the 160s and just bombed logic games, you probably won't need to prep much. If you get 140, there's a long road ahead.

woodselle

New

Post by woodselle » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:31 pm

I used PowerScore logic games (I found that LR and RC Bibles were pretty useless), the LSAT Trainer, and lots of PTs. I studied a month before June (just PowerScore), then did the 4 week LSAT Trainer plan before September. It can be done in 4 weeks, but be ready to sit down and really work every day. LG Bible transformed my logic games from going -7 to -0, so I definitely I would recommend that. I also really liked the LSAT Trainer, but I wouldn't suggest the 4 week plan. It felt too condensed, and I feel like I could've gotten more out of it had I spent a few more weeks with it.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Pithypike

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”