Dealing With Being Too Tired Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Lying Lawyer

New

Dealing With Being Too Tired

Post by Lying Lawyer » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:45 pm

So I am getting extremely frustrated. Since I work during the day, it can be difficult to study. I work for myself, sometimes I can pull it off as things have been a little slow lately as I prep for a project coming up. The problem is on days when i work studying in the evening can be extremely difficult. Too often I am too tired. I have trouble comprehending what I'm reading at times. Today for example I did about 10 weaken questions this morning of level 3 and got 8 correct. One was even a dumb mistake. I had some work to take care of in the middle of the day. Now in the evening I am trig to work on some strengthen questions and I mss 3 of 4 and I am having difficulty comprehending what I'm reading and going through the process. Now tomorrow morning I'll probably nail them all, which has happened before. I'll redo them the next day and do just fine. How are some of you that work dealing with being tired in the evening. My frustration is that it happens too often. Thanks.

hillz

Silver

Re: Dealing With Being Too Tired

Post by hillz » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:57 pm

I tried to study in the morning before work and on weekends as much as possible. I slept as much as I could and took really good care of myself. Take advantage of the times when you feel good at night or have extra time during the day to work on prep. Don't be too hard on yourself and keep in mind that you'll do better during the day. I know some people believe in drinking coffee/stimulants, but I didn't feel good when I did that at night. I think you just have to find what works for you!

philanono

New

Post by philanono » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:24 pm

I know what you mean. I work full time I'm always up by 530am and I get home by 5pm. Including making dinner, doing chores, running errands it gets pretty overwhelming. I try to stick to a schedule of study time 8-11pm on weeknights and on weekends I take advantage of the extra time. I know what you mean when on certain days you're really tired from work especially when its stressful and you attempt on studying and it seems like nothing is sticking. If that's the case, I really just sleep, we need rest and I find that I become more productive the next day.

Also, I drink tons of coffee (starbucks double espresso shots always) or I will take a quick nap before studying and working out for a short time (quick cardio 20 min during the week) helps. It'll give you more energy.

Don't get frustrated :) I know what you mean, I know some people who quit their full time jobs to study for the LSAT and I wish I have the same luxury but it just makes me want to work harder.

berkeleynick

New

Post by berkeleynick » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:37 pm

This is the most real struggle. I wish I had taken it after a summer break back when the test was in October. I am always too tired. Coffee doesn't help. Exercise and pre-workout do though! Lol.

Lying Lawyer

New

Post by Lying Lawyer » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:41 pm

I'm going to have to do some exercise. I haven't done anything in about two months. I have a weight set, a workout bag and treadmill. Going to have to make time for it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

grrrstick

Bronze

Post by grrrstick » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:19 pm

Modafinil or addies. Better living through chemistry.

cloy26

Bronze

Post by cloy26 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:34 am

The consistency of a schedule has helped me.

Also, when you have moments when you're not able to grasp what you're reading, take a walk outside and focus on your breathing -- fully inhaling/exhaling. Try some again after your walk. If it doesn't help any, get some sleep. Quality v. quantity.

lawjag2015

Bronze

Post by lawjag2015 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:57 pm

I work full time as well. I come home and go to bed, and get up really, REALLY early. Works the best for me.

Aurelius85

New

Post by Aurelius85 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:02 am

I understand what you're going through, I work during the day and study at night as well; however, if law school is really where you want to get to, you'll do anything to get there, even if that means studying even when you're dead tired. I don't know how committed and focused you are, but I know that there's I want to do more than go to law school, and I've actually been surprised by how dedicated and how much I've sacrificed to put in the hours to prep. Ask yourself how much do you want it and if you're prepared to do anything to get there...that should answer your question.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lying Lawyer

New

Post by Lying Lawyer » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:55 am

Aurelius85 wrote: Ask yourself how much do you want it and if you're prepared to do anything to get there...that should answer your question.
That's a big part of why I am on here asking. Early in the week it's easy to power through. As it gets into Thursday for example it becomes very difficult as the stress of the week is catching up to me. Last Friday was a slow work wise so I decided to put in a few hours, but nothing would register. Friday's don't concern too much as I test Saturday mornings, so I more concerned with getting a good night sleep. However, I don't have a lot of time to just put stuff away and try again later. I know I am going to start working out again. I gave it up to focus on studying, but I'm goig to have to hit the bag and do some running on the treadmill. There seems to be a consensus here that exercising helps. I am even watching what I eat Saturday mornings. I have to get up no later than 7:00 as that gives me ample time to get to the testing center. I can have my morning cup of Joe and I'll have peed before exam time.

Tyr

Bronze

Post by Tyr » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Proper nutrition + good night's sleep + exercise (not the type you see fat people do at the gym on a treadmill, but instead, real workouts) + Jym Shred = plenty of energy.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”