Seoul October Test Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
boka91

New

Seoul October Test

Post by boka91 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:23 am

Hey guys! Did anyone else take the test in Seoul today?

I would love to know which one of my RC my was experimental :/

Serif

New

Re: Seoul October Test

Post by Serif » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:39 am

Someone in the Hong Kong thread said the Darwin was the real one--though I can't remember if that was part of the first one or the last one for me. I ran out of time for the second one, which was a first for me in the RC, though I think that's because I was fatigued by then rather than difficulty.

LX126

New

Post by LX126 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:28 am

took in seoul too, the Darwain was the real one.

xhe02

New

Post by xhe02 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:00 am

anyone who had RC as experimental remember in what order the sections are?

Serif

New

Post by Serif » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:04 am

LG - LR - RC (experimental) - LR - RC I think. The first LR - RC could have been switched--my memory of the test is pretty crappy right now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

buckeyeinbangkok

New

Post by buckeyeinbangkok » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:22 pm

how do we know the first RC (the not darwin one) was experimental?

and you're right--it was LG LR RC break LR RC. My last RC had Darwin (comparative), the feminist author, west african/egyptian languages, and video testimony in trial.

also, when do you guys think we'll get the scores back?

Michael947

New

Post by Michael947 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:00 am

This Darwin is starting to sound like the September '14 test :lol:

Serif

New

Post by Serif » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:00 am

buckeyeinbangkok wrote:how do we know the first RC (the not darwin one) was experimental?

and you're right--it was LG LR RC break LR RC. My last RC had Darwin (comparative), the feminist author, west african/egyptian languages, and video testimony in trial.

also, when do you guys think we'll get the scores back?
As it turns out (with a google search), our test was actually the same as the February 2010 LSAT in America (which solves the mystery where the overseas tests come from!). So Darwin for sure was the real one.

Ugh, for the RC I was in the middle of the questions for the third one with 5 minutes left when it dawned upon me that there were four readings. Luckily the last one seemed to be a quick and easy one.

We might get it two days earlier than the official Oct. 22 date since that's what the prep test companies are saying on their blogs. But we took our test a week later than all the Sept. test takers, so maybe they will be sent out only by the official date.

Snorkack

New

Post by Snorkack » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:34 am

Any ideas on what the curve would be like, guys? I'm hoping for a -12. Already nervous haha, but apart from the one game not much else was too challenging.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

asldkjf

New

Post by asldkjf » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Any one get an idea which LR is experimental? I desperately want to know it..

greenapples

Bronze

Post by greenapples » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:55 pm

Serif, what do you mean by Asia lsat 2014 being same as february 2010 test? I googled searched, and it does look like it contains same RC passages. Can LSAC do that? even if february LSATs are undisclosed, doesn't that give a somewhat advantage?

Also, would the curve be same as it was back in February 2010?

Serif

New

Post by Serif » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:54 pm

greenapples wrote:Serif, what do you mean by Asia lsat 2014 being same as february 2010 test? I googled searched, and it does look like it contains same RC passages. Can LSAC do that? even if february LSATs are undisclosed, doesn't that give a somewhat advantage?

Also, would the curve be same as it was back in February 2010?
The first google result for February 2010 LSAT is a blog post where the author described tidbits of each section--not only the RC matches up, but also the LG and at least one of the LR seem to have been the same.

My thoughts are there are enough undisclosed tests (and the details of each question aren't accessible) that it would be hard for someone to predict what test could be given. 2010 is a random(ish) year and even if we saw that blog post beforehand, would we remember the details? And would those details help us? Since talking about questions is forbidden, it would be hard for people to gain an advantage even if they knew the test was previously given.

I think the curve would be the same! But since is undisclosed we have no idea what the curve was (which is kinda crappy). I'm really hoping for a nice curve (-12 does sound nice) because the more the merrier!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”