PTs while doing Powerscore Bibles, or after? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

When to start PTs

as soon as possible
No votes
when you have a full grasp of the question types and how to approach
67%
when you have a good grasp of LG; LR not required
No votes
when you have a good grasp of LR; LG not required
No votes
regardless of the above, start when you are 30 days away from test
17%
regardless of the above, start when you are 60 days away from test
17%

Total votes: 6

DontSneeze

New

PTs while doing Powerscore Bibles, or after?

Post by DontSneeze » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:00 am

Taking in Dec.

I just finished PowerScore LG book; Currently about 30% into the Powerscore LR book; planning on doing PowerScore RC next.

My question is: should I be doing practice tests during this time? I fear that doing PTs might form bad habits if I don't know how to approach the actual questions.

Also, would you guys recommend doing oldest first, or newest first? Or random mix from both ends?

peppermint

Gold

Re: PTs while doing Powerscore Bibles, or after?

Post by peppermint » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:14 am

Last edited by peppermint on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:53 am

With a little more than two months until the December test, you should be strategic about which PTs you take, with preference being towards the most recent tests.
You shouldn't take more than 3 PTs a week to allow proper time to review.
I would give preference to PT 52 to present.
If you list which PTs you have, we can give you advice on how to stagger them/space them out.

Finish your books and then drill. Especially LG early on.
If you wish, take one timed PT soon to point out your weaknesses and give you the reality check you need for motivation. You will likely score far below your target.

DontSneeze

New

Post by DontSneeze » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Dirigo wrote:With a little more than two months until the December test, you should be strategic about which PTs you take, with preference being towards the most recent tests.
If you list which PTs you have, we can give you advice on how to stagger them/space them out.
I have access to 1-61, but also plan on purchasing 62-71 regardless.

Dirigo wrote:Finish your books and then drill. Especially LG early on.
If you wish, take one timed PT soon to point out your weaknesses and give you the reality check you need for motivation. You will likely score far below your target.
Probably lol

Thanks for your input!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:16 pm

DontSneeze wrote:
Dirigo wrote:With a little more than two months until the December test, you should be strategic about which PTs you take, with preference being towards the most recent tests.
I have access to 1-61, but also plan on purchasing 62-71 regardless.
Wow you have a lot.
If you're intent on taking in December, only use 1-20 for the LG sections. The real usefulness of the early PTs lies in gaining experience with miscellaneous [read: not typical] logic games.
Drilling 20-40 will be beneficial.
See what your score is in a few weeks of hardcore drilling and studying. If it's above 160, start adding in more PTs to your routine.
I'm taking in December too and I don't have enough time for all the PTs I have. I'm skipping PT 41-48. I still plan on taking about half of the 50's, all of the 60's, and the few 70's there are. That's 2 PTs a week for me. You'll likely be able to fit in even less so choose wisely (PT 52 and beyond).
DontSneeze wrote:
Dirigo wrote:Finish your books and then drill. Especially LG early on.
Probably lol
When I first started out I was in for a rude awakening. I would have been lucky to get into any law school with my diagnostic. Now T14 is very attainable for me.
The point is not to be discouraged. 99% of people really stink at the LSAT when they first start out.
Goodluck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

McAvoy

Gold

Post by McAvoy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:19 pm

peppermint wrote:
DontSneeze wrote:Taking in Dec.

I just finished PowerScore LG book; Currently about 30% into the Powerscore LR book; planning on doing PowerScore RC next.

My question is: should I be doing practice tests during this time? I fear that doing PTs might form bad habits if I don't know how to approach the actual questions.

Also, would you guys recommend doing oldest first, or newest first? Or random mix from both ends?
Don't take PT's until you're ready; otherwise you'll just be burning through them. Drill the questions by type instead by using the Cambridge packets. Once you improve your accuracy & speed, then you should think about taking PTs.

Also, join us over in the Dec thread! :) http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=224012
You're not related to the poster named PepperJack who also has a fox/dog thing as his tar right?

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:27 pm

McAvoy wrote: You're not related to the poster named PepperJack who also has a fox/dog thing as his tar right?
hahaha :lol:
So far this pepper's posts have required crossing out by McAvoy been decent.

peppermint

Gold

Post by peppermint » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McAvoy

Gold

Post by McAvoy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:08 pm

peppermint wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
McAvoy wrote: You're not related to the poster named PepperJack who also has a fox/dog thing as his tar right?
hahaha :lol:
So far this pepper's posts have required crossing out by McAvoy been decent.
Haha, yeah I'm a different pepper :) That is quite the coincidence with the name & the tar though, maybe I'll change my tar one of these days to avoid the confusion, LOL
Oh well that's good.

Yeah you might want to, he takes shitposter to a hole different level.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”