Advice for someone who's just beginning to prep Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
179orBust

Bronze

Advice for someone who's just beginning to prep

Post by 179orBust » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:36 pm

Congrats to all who took the LSAT today. After reading the September waiters thread, it seems that many of you did really well. Very happy for all of you!

There are lots of people commenting on TLS at this moment and so I wanted to take advantage. As someone who is just beginning his prep, can you please give me any type of advice/ suggestions? Anything that you wish you would've done done or regret having done when you first began studying? Looking to compile a list and would really appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance!!

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Re: Advice for someone who's just beginning to prep

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:38 pm

Don't burn through material like PT's

Taking PT's is the most effective way to study because you can use them for thorough review afterwards. But only take PT's once you've mastered the sections independently and then go through the PT's very slowly

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:08 am

My favorite products/resources are given here:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2#p7440822

I also echo the not burning PTs advice.
Drilling is super important.
Studying is a marathon, not a sprint. Very cliche, but true. You will likely improve rapidly, then plateau and encounter setbacks. Don't panic or get overly depressed when you score lower than your previous PT or bomb a games section when you thought you finally had LG in the bag. Dust yourself off and keep going.

MattM

Bronze

Post by MattM » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:30 pm

Take a practice diagnostic to see where you are at/how much improvement you will need and in what areas

A person starting at a 140 will have to study differently than someone who scores a 160 on thier diag

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:04 pm

Buckle up

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aurelius85

New

Post by Aurelius85 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:41 pm

Create a schedule that works for you and stick to it. Be consistent, disciplined, and take it very seriously i.e. don't goof off or half-ass it when you're studying.

meda215

New

Post by meda215 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:40 am

If you can afford personal tutoring, I strongly recommend Laura Hirsch, founder Vestry Street Prep. She is amazing at finding your strengths and weaknesses, and will get your score improved higher than you thought possible, and after than you expected. She is also super supportive, nice, and will be your reality check throughout the preparation period. Also, be prepared to do lots of work, and hit a series of plateaus. Stick with it, and you will improve. Best of luck to you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”