RC WTF Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Callsam

New

RC WTF

Post by Callsam » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:16 pm

Last four sets

wtf no consistency I've gone back and know why I missed what I missed but that doesn't really help in studying is there really anyway to study for this

dontdoitkid

Bronze

Re: RC WTF

Post by dontdoitkid » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:23 pm

What prep have you done so far?

Are these your last four in a long series of RC, or are you just getting into t?

Callsam

New

Post by Callsam » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:15 pm

Been studying for 2 months also this is a retake last time I missed like 9 on all the other sections combined and 12 on RC I've used trainer and manhattan rc

Tyr

Bronze

Post by Tyr » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Callsam wrote:Been studying for 2 months also this is a retake last time I missed like 9 on all the other sections combined and 12 on RC I've used trainer and manhattan rc
Try this:

Do not circle, box, underline, notate, or anything like that. Perhaps write a short summary in a couple words for each paragraph, but other than that, don't bother with notations. I started doing that and I was able to read through the passages quicker, retain more information, and have more time to dig through the passage when I needed something detail-oriented. Make sure you COMPREHEND everything you read. If you don't, go back and read it again. Stop after every paragraph and digest what you just read and understand how it fits into the big picture. Seriously, when I stopped worrying about taking a bunch of notations on the passage, my reading comprehension went up.

dontdoitkid

Bronze

Post by dontdoitkid » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Tyr wrote:
Callsam wrote:Been studying for 2 months also this is a retake last time I missed like 9 on all the other sections combined and 12 on RC I've used trainer and manhattan rc
Try this:

Do not circle, box, underline, notate, or anything like that. Perhaps write a short summary in a couple words for each paragraph, but other than that, don't bother with notations. I started doing that and I was able to read through the passages quicker, retain more information, and have more time to dig through the passage when I needed something detail-oriented. Make sure you COMPREHEND everything you read. If you don't, go back and read it again. Stop after every paragraph and digest what you just read and understand how it fits into the big picture. Seriously, when I stopped worrying about taking a bunch of notations on the passage, my reading comprehension went up.
+1

I annotate, but only after I taught myself what to look for, and I use it minimally.

Hugely important that you really understand each paragraph, and how the paragraphs relate to each other. Take an "active reading" approach with your thoughts while you work through the passage.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:23 pm

The difficulty of the passages may have fluctuated. General rule of thumb I use: difficult games--> easy RC.

Callsam

New

Post by Callsam » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Thanks for the advise, I'll try these strategies today. Hopefully it helps

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”