Which sections of the LSAT do i need to drill by type? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MattM

Bronze

Which sections of the LSAT do i need to drill by type?

Post by MattM » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Hello,

I'm planning on a December take....any opinions on which sections I need to drill by type in the Cambridge packets?

I haven't used them before but definitely plan on buying them on LR since the cost is worth it.

Any thoughts on if LG and RC need to be drilled by type or if instead in those two sections use sections from PT's?

Rigo

Diamond

Re: Which sections of the LSAT do i need to drill by type?

Post by Rigo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:48 pm

MattM wrote:Hello,

I'm planning on a December take....any opinions on which sections I need to drill by type in the Cambridge packets?

I haven't used them before but definitely plan on buying them on LR since the cost is worth it.

Any thoughts on if LG and RC need to be drilled by type or if instead in those two sections use sections from PT's?
You definitely need to drill.
RC by type doesn't matter. Cambridge splits the passages by subject matter which is meaningless.
For LG drilling, it depends on where you're at. If you're having the most trouble with In-Out Games, for instance, then it would be prudent to drill that type of grouping game. Same with any other type. It is not necessary to drill by type, however. Just potentially beneficial.

malleus discentium

Silver

Post by malleus discentium » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:01 pm

Drill everything by type other than RC.

splittingheadache

New

Post by splittingheadache » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:10 pm

Listen to Dirigo. Particularly for RC. I've noticed that the Cambridge drill by type for RC, I have really highs and lows on each subject area. It could just be me, the fact that I was tired drilling a lot of them, etc. By conventional wisdom, I should be doing well on humanities and social sciences, because my each of my double major is a humanities and a social science and I have read so much on each area, but sometimes, my perfect scores are on natural sciences questions. Law ones always trip me up.

But what I have noticed is that level of difficulty matters. Could get any RC level 1 passage completely right, scrolling on my PDF on my computer, not take any notes, and in around like 5-7 minutes a piece. RC Level 2-4 across the board just would cause intense heart palpitations, during 30+ summer days perspiration on my forehead, and thoughts of escaping the country. TLS would diagnose my symptoms as: notenoughdrillingitis

Best of luck to you.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:13 pm

malleus discentium wrote:Drill everything by type other than RC.

Cambridge breaks these up by topic, and it's just not a helpful way to drill. I know there is a thread that breaks RC passage up by structure which is the better idea

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”