Work Friday before the LSAT - or take it off? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
berkeleynick

New

Work Friday before the LSAT - or take it off?

Post by berkeleynick » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:48 pm

I am wondering whether I should take the day before the LSAT off. Part of me thinks it would be good to rest the day before, and maybe do some very light reviewing, but another part of me thinks if I stay home I'll just be a nervous wreck the whole day. For those of you who work, are you planning on taking the day before off or not? I was also maybe thinking of taking a half-day. Thoughts appreciated!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Hand

Gold

Re: Work Friday before the LSAT - or take it off?

Post by Hand » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:58 pm

Last edited by Hand on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Username123

Silver

Post by Username123 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:00 pm

berkeleynick wrote:I am wondering whether I should take the day before the LSAT off. Part of me thinks it would be good to rest the day before, and maybe do some very light reviewing, but another part of me thinks if I stay home I'll just be a nervous wreck the whole day. For those of you who work, are you planning on taking the day before off or not? I was also maybe thinking of taking a half-day. Thoughts appreciated!
I am definitely taking the day off. Probabl going to review a tiny bit throughout the day - maybe a logic game, a RC passage and five or so LR questions. I am going to the practice test site just to be comfortable with where it is (I don't live right down the street from it and have never been there before) and am gonna double check^100 that I have everything required and needed for Saturday. I might even work a half day Thursday, but that's still up in the air.

akechi

New

Post by akechi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:14 pm

I have decided not to take the day off. I am trying to treat the test date the same as any other day.

Nerves / anxiety contributed to an undesired score on the June '14 exam. So I am going in with the mindset that it's just another PT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:17 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:29 pm

I took the day off last year and was called in for a conference. Attending was a horrible decision and I got home at 5pm that evening exhausted. This year, I'm only taking off Thursday and Friday, but I won't answer my work phone or open my email. Take the day off. Your mind needs the time to decompress from the stress of work and prepare for the stress of the test.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:44 pm

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:49 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BJS wrote:decompress from the stress of work and prepare for the stress of the test.
Ugh.... life.
And then stress about personal statements, applications, status checkers, decision letters, and scholarship negotiations...

The evening of Sept 27, however, my girlfriend and I are celebrating our two year anniversary. So I have at least one thing to be excited about.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm just taking the afternoon off before. I took the whole day off in June (since it was a Monday) but it didn't help because people from work kept calling me about stressful stuff. I tried to ignore, but still. And I had to go straight in to the office after the test. The timing was pretty bad, so I'm excited about a Saturday morning test.

berkeleynick

New

Post by berkeleynick » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:53 pm

Let's throw a post-LSAT rager for all us working folk! Lol.

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:58 pm

berkeleynick wrote:Let's throw a post-LSAT rager for all us working folk! Lol.
YES!!! :D I think my co-workers are ready for this to be over too...they've heard way too much about law school apps & the LSAT.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Only taking a half day. I'm going to be a nervous wreck, I'm sure, so I'd like to keep myself a distracted as possible.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:28 pm

I'd recommend doing whatever will help you sleep best that night. If not going to work would make it harder for you to sleep since it would be an irregular schedule, I would go to work. [Full disclosure I worked the day before my LSAT just to keep things normal]

MadwomanintheAttic

Bronze

Post by MadwomanintheAttic » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:00 am

I took most of the week off, except Monday and Tuesday. My co-workers/management have no idea about my law school plans. I'm constantly studying, but I've told them it's for a logic class and LSAT stands for Logic Students Applications Textbook. They think I'm taking a mini-vacation, nope just leaving one level of hell for another...

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:32 am

take the day before off
keep the prep light
do something relaxing and fun
don't drink alcohol
don't drink caffeine if you can help it
make sure your roomies know not to be loud assholes (mine were)

more important is probably the lead-up
make sure you're getting to bed and waking up at a certain time, follow a routine
take melatonin if it helps

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:44 am

MadwomanintheAttic wrote: LSAT stands for Logic Students Application Textbook
Is this for real? Lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MadwomanintheAttic

Bronze

Post by MadwomanintheAttic » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:50 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
MadwomanintheAttic wrote: LSAT stands for Logic Students Application Textbook
Is this for real? Lol
True story. #1 motivation for law school is a chance for a job with more intelligent co-workers or at least ones that aren't so gullible. But I'm pretty proud I came up an alternate meaning for LSAT on such short notice :mrgreen:

Lying Lawyer

New

Post by Lying Lawyer » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Unfortunately I don't have the option. I work for myself and it will depend what I'm doing. If I am in the middle of a property I'll be remodeling. Sometimes I'm just hauling materials back and forth from Home Depot for my crew. If I don't have a property I will have to be attending the auction in the morning. It's not bad because it ends by noon but I usually spend the rest of the afternoon prepping for Monday. I can probably push it back til Saturday afternoon or Sunday. It will put a squeeze on me, but I'm going to have to.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”