LSAT Related OCD Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hiltopp01

New

LSAT Related OCD

Post by hiltopp01 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:13 am

Hi guys,

I've been studying for the LSAT for a couple months now. Has anyone ever experienced OCD related to the LSAT? I reread stimuli over and over again feeling as though I didn't understand some part of it. My OCD has become so bad that I'm also experiencing this OCD in my daily life and it's really stressing me out. I hear things and I ask myself if I completely understood it, and most times I feel like I didn't.

Any help with his matter?

sfoglia

Gold

Re: LSAT Related OCD

Post by sfoglia » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:20 pm

hiltopp01 wrote:Hi guys,

I've been studying for the LSAT for a couple months now. Has anyone ever experienced OCD related to the LSAT? I reread stimuli over and over again feeling as though I didn't understand some part of it. My OCD has become so bad that I'm also experiencing this OCD in my daily life and it's really stressing me out. I hear things and I ask myself if I completely understood it, and most times I feel like I didn't.

Any help with his matter?
Do you have a history of OCD? Are you re-reading the passage a certain number of times? How difficult is it when you force yourself to only read something once or twice? Are you shaking and in tears, or just very uncomfortable?

My suggestion is that you consult with your general practitioner to see if you should set up a consultation with a psychologist. At the very least, this is likely to negatively effect your scores. At the worst, it could escalate into something quite serious.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Re: LSAT Related OCD

Post by ilikebaseball » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:39 pm

When I saw this, I thought it was going to be over taking "off days."

Regarding a question, no I don't have OCD over them. However, many times in RC ill feel that way even though i dont have to

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”