Using up prep materials ahead of the test Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
aeky

New

Using up prep materials ahead of the test

Post by aeky » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:58 am

I'm preparing (ideally) to take the February LSAT if my practice tests look acceptable around that time. Right now I'm just focusing on getting through the logic games bible and all of the questions since that is my weakness. I am not concerned about going over these too many times prior to the exam because I don't think I'm going to recognize them the third or fourth time around - there are too many. My question is about the other sections - can these be "used up"? Do you have any methods to prevent this from happening should you need to lengthen your prep time? (i.e. use diagramming methods on Scientific American, fake LSAT questions?)
*I realize that fake ones are not acceptable to practice for LG, my question is about the other sections.

Thank you!

ilikebaseball

Gold

Re: Using up prep materials ahead of the test

Post by ilikebaseball » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:03 am

aeky wrote:I'm preparing (ideally) to take the February LSAT if my practice tests look acceptable around that time. Right now I'm just focusing on getting through the logic games bible and all of the questions since that is my weakness. I am not concerned about going over these too many times prior to the exam because I don't think I'm going to recognize them the third or fourth time around - there are too many. My question is about the other sections - can these be "used up"? Do you have any methods to prevent this from happening should you need to lengthen your prep time? (i.e. use diagramming methods on Scientific American, fake LSAT questions?)
*I realize that fake ones are not acceptable to practice for LG, my question is about the other sections.

Thank you!
There are over 70 practice test's. I've taken so many that I'm at the point where if I run by one I've repeated before I'll say "Oh I somewhat remember this" but I can never remember what the answer choices are or specifically what it's talking about. I'll just say "oh a question about bats in a cave tracking down their babies." Won't remember any of the premises or any of the choices at all.

Either way though, I don't think its necessarily a bad thing if you DO remember it. Most of the questions from the LSAT are the same structure, just different details. The same strategies are used to answer them

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”