Did Diagnostic, bombed/burned out on Reading Comp Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Lying Lawyer

New

Did Diagnostic, bombed/burned out on Reading Comp

Post by Lying Lawyer » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:40 pm

Well after nearly 4 years I decided to get back to work (lots of stuff has happened including a baby). I sat down yesterday and did my first test. I did the free one. I got -4 on the LG. I struggled with setting up the games. I feel like I can strengthen this easily. I got -6 and -6 on LR. It felt like somethings were coming back to me on the second set until some idiot decides to interrupt me and ask me how my progress is. I missed 4 in a row after that. When I got to the RC, which was the last one I totally bombed it. I got -13. The last passages were terrible. I am wondering if it was burnout but I still felt a little weak in the first two passages. With LR I felt good understanding the flaw in the argument although I had to read some twice, but sometimes I couldn't systematically eliminate answer. Sometimes I just felt drawn to certain answers. What's the best course of action for RC? Right now I think that's my a chillies.
I have the Bibles which I'm going to get to work on and start reviewing before I do more tests. Does anyone recommend anything in particular? Is the Manhattan 10 real tests regrouped worth it? I always thought that was a good idea to work on each type of question til you understood them but was never going to make endless copies and then cut up tests and paste. I will be buying the most recent exams to practice as I get closer to the exams. I currently have 1-57. Thanks.

gentlemanscholar

Bronze

Re: Did Diagnostic, bombed/burned out on Reading Comp

Post by gentlemanscholar » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:29 pm

Might have just been a stamina issue. Keep taking tests, start with old ones and work toward the newer ones.

Always go over the ones you missed afterwards.

Good news is that you've got a good handle on LG.

KDLMaj

Bronze

Re: Did Diagnostic, bombed/burned out on Reading Comp

Post by KDLMaj » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:23 pm

If you send me a PM, I can send you a bunch of RC resources that may help.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”