Peaking Issues/Timing Issues Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
smiles123

Bronze

Peaking Issues/Timing Issues

Post by smiles123 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:34 pm

Retaking in September. Originally scored a 166 on Dec 2013 test. Recently took PT 57 and scored a 162. When I took my last full timed PT about a month ago I scored a 163. I've been studying for about 2 months now total(this time around, studied 3 months total prior to the Dec LSAT) and have 2 months to go.

My blind review, untimed score of PT 57 was a 173, so clearly timing is a major issue. I have trouble finishing both LG and RC but especially RC.

When I studied for the December test I saw no improvement the last 5 weeks of studying. I was peaking at mid 160s and could not get higher despite 30+ hours a week of studying. How do I prevent this from happening again... because it's happening now and I need to stop it.

Just finished up the LSAT Trainer and now starting to drill with Cambridge packets. Have about 20+ hours to study the next 3 weeks as I work full time and will up this to 40+ once summer ends with 6 weeks left to study.

With two months to go, I am really starting to panic because I'm not improving and feel like I'm just wasting my time. I’m really trying to break 170+ but have no idea why I cannot seem to improve.

gentlemanscholar

Bronze

Re: Peaking Issues/Timing Issues

Post by gentlemanscholar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:55 am

Take more timed tests. 3-5 a week or so until you nail down a good rhythm.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”