Retaking (again), using a class or tutor? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Liz_Lemon

Bronze

Retaking (again), using a class or tutor?

Post by Liz_Lemon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:52 pm

Hey everyone, I'm a long time lurker but could really use some advice on prepping for the September '14 test. I have been prepping on and off for over a year, have taken the test twice, and may finally need to cave and sign up for a class.

My diagnostic tests (fall 2012) were in the mid 150s, and when I took the December '12 test I scored a 159. I got a new job not long after the test and decided to wait before retaking. I began studying again this spring, and retook the test in June '14, scoring a 163.

Having brought up my score by about 10 points from my original diagnostics with self-study, I'm not sure what the best course of action is here - whether to continue studying on my own with more focused drilling and timing practice, or to spend the money on a class or tutor.

There are not many in-person course options where I live, and money is a barrier to many of the prep course options I would otherwise consider. I really want to break a 170, but would be satisfied with getting to a 167 after having been stuck on a plateau for so long. Any advice would be much appreciated!

For anyone who is interested, I've worked my way through the PowerScore LG and LR bibles, Manhattan LR, LG and RC, have probably taken over 20 previously administered LSATs, and done about half of the Cambridge LG problems Volume 2.

dowu

Platinum

Re: Retaking (again), using a class or tutor?

Post by dowu » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:03 pm

:shock:
Last edited by dowu on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

BP Robert

Bronze

Re: Retaking (again), using a class or tutor?

Post by BP Robert » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:25 pm

I faced a similar plateau while studying for the LSAT, so I took class with Blueprint LSAT prep. I improved and hit my target score, and I'm currently a Blueprint instructor.

I'd recommend the course because in addition to online instruction you have access to huge online resources and diagnostics, which can help you focus on the areas where you're deficient.

Feel free to PM me for more information.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”