SELF or ONLINE COURSE Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gti24

New

SELF or ONLINE COURSE

Post by gti24 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:22 pm

What's up y'all.

So took everyones advice here to sit out a year to take the test for a third time, so gotta start studying. I'm looking at picking up the Manhattan books to self study or to do BluePrint's The Movie online.

I've already taken a Testmasters in person course and used all the PowerScore Bibles and went through all the official tests from PT 20+.

One of the reasons I'm looking at spending the $ to take another course is so that I get more new problems to do because since I've already gone through all those official PTs, I feel like if I keep reviewing the same material, it might not be as effective.

Would definitely appreciate any suggestions and/or insights on people's experiences.

My second test was a 161, so really hoping to break 170.

Louis1127

Silver

Re: SELF or ONLINE COURSE

Post by Louis1127 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:27 pm

gti24 wrote:One of the reasons I'm looking at spending the $ to take another course is so that I get more new problems to do because since I've already gone through all those official PTs, I feel like if I keep reviewing the same material, it might not be as effective.
I'm confused. U know you don't have to have a prep course to get PTs? You can buy them straight from LSAC. Am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

gti24

New

Post by gti24 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:36 pm

My bad if I wasn't clear. I meant that I've already done all the official PTs released by LSAC. In addition to going back and reviewing those questions, I'm just looking for new materials and questions to help drill in some concepts. I know that because of licensing issues, a lot of tutoring companies come up their own problems in their workbooks.

Louis1127

Silver

Post by Louis1127 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:46 pm

If you're talking about using fake LSAT questions, that is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED from TLSers (including yours truly).

My advice would be to reuse the PTs that you have used. You may remember a very, very small number of questions that gave you a really, really hard time (for example, you think, "Oh, this is the infamous rattlesnake necessary assumption question, I remember this one") but that will probably be really, really rare. While I admit that I don't have the memory of a genius, I seriously, seriously doubt that someone who has taken every single PT is going to remember all those questions, especially if it's been a while since you last looked at them.

But don't take it from me, listen to LSAT guru EarlCat:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2#p4153859

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”