Let's talk about recent LG trends... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Onomatopoeia

Gold

Re: Let's talk about recent LG trends...

Post by Onomatopoeia » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:00 am

Can someone tldr what jeffort said? I'm sure it's on point and all but seriously. Jeffort do you own a Twitter account

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:09 am

BornAgain99 wrote:Can someone tldr what jeffort said? I'm sure it's on point and all but seriously. Jeffort do you own a Twitter account
It's a really good post like 99% of Jeffort's posts. Talks about how test takers should not make the assumption that the LG section is a guaranteed -0 and to be ready for anything. Mentions LSAC possibly bringing back the pattern of unusual logic games. Makes a good point about PT 51's clown game that I didn't know everyone freaked out about, which actually turned out to be a very simple game if you weren't set on book learned LG strategies.

It does seem like LSAC is gearing up to throw some unusual question types on future tests. This applies as well to LR as many are talking about early question types in their experimental LR section.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:14 am

BornAgain99 wrote:Can someone tldr what jeffort said? I'm sure it's on point and all but seriously. Jeffort do you own a Twitter account
lol. Yeah, I have a twitter account and a total of one tweet since I created it years ago. Can't stand twitter with the character limit. It's barely enough to express one simple thought clearly. #iSdumb #uselessforintelligentdiscussion

bondja

New

Post by bondja » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:21 am

Jeffort wrote:
lol. Yeah, I have a twitter account and a total of one tweet since I created it years ago. Can't stand twitter with the character limit. It's barely enough to express one simple thought clearly. #iSdumb #uselessforintelligentdiscussion
That's your problem right there, Jeffort. Your hashtag usage takes up most of the 140 characters.

DuncND2013

New

Post by DuncND2013 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:16 am

Honestly, thinking about that fourth game again--I think the best way to deal with those situations where you don't even know how to diagram is to immediately look at the questions/answer choices (especially [MOD EDIT; HOW MANY WARNINGS DO YOU GOOBERS NEED?]). When i reached that game, i was like WTF for about 2 minutes, then looked at the first question. I basically told myself that my diagram needed to be so that those answer choices could make sense, and that helped me (i think) figure out where i needed to go. This has helped me in other games, too, where i've been unsure of how to diagram, not sure if others agree.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

confused_humpback

New

Post by confused_humpback » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:40 am

I dont know. Ive never had a game that I felt I just couldnt solve. Not since I first started studying in December. Even the clowns and dino games I found challenging but not impossible. I totally failed to crack game 4, however. Theres a good chance that maybe Im just not effective at that type of reasoning.. But judging by the overall responses, Im not sure what to make of it. I guess we'll see.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”