How do you guys review tests? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
haroldton86

New

How do you guys review tests?

Post by haroldton86 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Besides the "blind review method" what specifically do you guys do after you take a test and before you take a new one? I think I'm getting in a bad habit of just looking over it and then taking the next one.

Pancakes12

Bronze

Re: How do you guys review tests?

Post by Pancakes12 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:13 pm

haroldton86 wrote:Besides the "blind review method" what specifically do you guys do after you take a test and before you take a new one? I think I'm getting in a bad habit of just looking over it and then taking the next one.
just redo every question, right or wrong, but take as much time as you need to understand why the correct answer choice is the only correct answer choice

edit: when I was studying I would wait a day to review. Don't ever review directly after. But I did do another test after I reviewed the one I took the day prior. Do this if you have enough stamina

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:18 pm

7sage - every explanation from PT 36 to 71 with a premium account (games are free)

manhattan forums - good for LR explanations
(only if I needed a further explanation after 7sage would I go here for anything between PT 36 and 71)
when I did some of the cambridge questions I would use the manhattan forums exclusively

these were my two main resources for preparing for this exam

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:43 pm

If you have the $500 definitely do it.

Included with all the explanations is PDF's of 30 something exams. Once you get the account, download all the exams, put them on a memory stick and take them to a print shop. Not kinkos/fedex. Find a place that charges like 2 or 3 cents a page and print every exam. Hold off a while before you start taking these exams.

Test your hand at like 25-30 problems of each question type using the cambridge packets. Better yet, do them all. I know a guy that did them all 3 times.

Once you get comfortable with that. Try your hand at timed individual sections. Don't take full PT's. Just take the first LR section of PT 38 and give it a shot timed. Learn what you did right and wrong. Watch the 7sage explanations for all the questions you had trouble with or were not sure of. Put it away for a week. Try the same section again. Rinse repeat.

Then move on to timed PT's. One or two a week. Maybe one everyday? Whatever you want. Keep up with the individual timed sections. I mainly did this with LR. For the most part I wouldn't even do RC sections in lots of PT's. I also bought a two year membership with the economist. Not really necessary, but I did it.

Play Sudoku. I did this in the very beginning of my prep. Kind of stopped a few weeks later. I hear it helps though.

By the way, I'm not affiliated with 7sage at all.

I went through all the powerscore books within the first month of studying.
I've somewhat neglected manhattan LR and LG books. I have read two of their editions on RC though.

What else...

it's nice to have a scanner
especially if you're not paying for the ink, paper, or any sort of fee

i've probably spent a couple of hours operating scanners during all this

get excited about the idea of being a lawyer- I found that watching "suits", "paper chase", "boston legal" and reading "One L" motivated me.

a lot of people will surely say these these shows are certainly not accurate and that they hype up the profession, but nevertheless, I found them inspiring and motivational throughout my prep. it's relevant. it's not jersey shore

haroldton86

New

Post by haroldton86 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:49 pm

louierodriguez wrote:If you have the $500 definitely do it.

Included with all the explanations is PDF's of 30 something exams. Once you get the account, download all the exams, put them on a memory stick and take them to a print shop. Not kinkos/fedex. Find a place that charges like 2 or 3 cents a page and print every exam. Hold off a while before you start taking these exams.

Test your hand at like 25-30 problems of each question type using the cambridge packets. Better yet, do them all. I know a guy that did them all 3 times.

Once you get comfortable with that. Try your hand at timed individual sections. Don't take full PT's. Just take the first LR section of PT 38 and give it a shot timed. Learn what you did right and wrong. Watch the 7sage explanations for all the questions you had trouble with or were not sure of. Put it away for a week. Try the same section again. Rinse repeat.

Then move on to timed PT's. One or two a week. Maybe one everyday? Whatever you want. Keep up with the individual timed sections. I mainly did this with LR. For the most part I wouldn't even do RC sections in lots of PT's. I also bought a two year membership with the economist. Not really necessary, but I did it.

Play Sudoku. I did this in the very beginning of my prep. Kind of stopped a few weeks later. I hear it helps though.

I've somewhat neglected manhattan LR and LG books. I have read two of their editions on RC though.

What else...

get excited about the idea of being a lawyer- I found that watching "suits", "paper chase", "boston legal" and reading "One L" motivated me.

a lot of people will surely say these these shows are certainly not accurate and that they hype up the profession, but nevertheless, I found them inspiring and motivational throughout my prep. it's relevant. it's not jersey shore

Thank you for all of that. I have been studying for a while actually. I've gone through prep tests 1-38 Cambridge by type with Powerscore books already. I started taking the tests a couple of weeks ago. But, yeah, that all sounds pretty solid.
So his explanations are pretty decent for the LR and the RC you'd say? I have all the PT's already, but I feel like some of his explanations and lessons might go a long way so I think I'm feeling it.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:27 pm

haroldton86 wrote:
louierodriguez wrote:If you have the $500 definitely do it.

What else...

Thank you for all of that. I have been studying for a while actually. I've gone through prep tests 1-38 Cambridge by type with Powerscore books already. I started taking the tests a couple of weeks ago. But, yeah, that all sounds pretty solid.
So his explanations are pretty decent for the LR and the RC you'd say? I have all the PT's already, but I feel like some of his explanations and lessons might go a long way so I think I'm feeling it.
I find his explanations very useful. In the more recent PT's you can actually watch JY go through the questions in real time. It's interesting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”