The Official February 2015 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
haroldton86

New

The Official February 2015 Study Group

Post by haroldton86 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:57 pm

Let's go.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Re: The Official February 2015 Study Group

Post by LSAT Blog » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Some will say it's a bit early. (Most people who will take in February don't know it yet). However, I think it's great that you're starting now. The LSAT is important enough that it's worth several months of studying.

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:17 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:47 am

well I'm certainly getting old

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:50 am

LSAT Blog wrote:Some will say it's a bit early. (Most people who will take in February don't know it yet). However, I think it's great that you're starting now. The LSAT is important enough that it's worth several months of studying.
Steve has some excellent study schedules on his website. I've personally bought two of them.

The 7 month schedule and the 1 month schedule. The key to these schedules is of course to follow them. Sometimes you'll want to run off in different directions, but just for once in your life, trust the process.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:51 am

I also highly recommend 7sage.

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:18 pm

louierodriguez wrote:well I'm certainly getting old
literally LOL'd.

"I remember when we were making threads for the June 2014 study group!!!........in June 2013...."

haha Louie.....I supported that thread way back when in June 13 - all the old fogies didn't :oops:

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:07 am

GOAL: 180 (NO LESS)

I'm in! I purchased my books back in January/February. I'm a bit miffed that both the LSAT Trainer and the Bibles have new versions. I'm already spazzing because I haven't begun studying AND. IT'S. ALMOST. FEBRUARY! What if I mistake or miss a semi-colon or period somewhere in the old versions??!! Stressful situations.

Here's my study material. I've also looked at the Trainer's 12- and 16-Week study schedules. Even though I have seven months, I work long hours most weeks. But I just paid the $170 fee, so I'm ready to go--I'm not delaying my test at all. I also plan to take some vacation days prior to testing to totally get me in the mode.

My first plan is to take the LSAT Trainer with tests 52-61 according to the 12-week schedule, and complete the book with his schedule. Then I will hit up the Bibles and take more and more pre-tests. I have no problems ordering more of the same tests online either.

LSAT Trainer
10 LSATs, 19-28
10 LSATs, 29-38
LSATs Deconstructed, 43-45
10 LSATs, 52-61
Individual LSATs, 71, 70, 69, 68, 67, 65, 64, 62
Official LSAT Superprep
LSAT Logic Games Bible
LSAT Logic Games Workbook
LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible
LSAT Logic Reasoning Bible

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:03 am

Is anyone testing in February 2015?

I just started reading the LSAT Trainer, on Lesson 3 right now and I'm wondering if I somehow grew up speaking a different language than the rest of the world. I have zero idea why these questions are so technical and if I will even be able to cut through.

But now the power of prayer, practice, and persistence will come into play. Good luck all!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:34 pm

JazzyMac wrote:Is anyone testing in February 2015?

I just started reading the LSAT Trainer, on Lesson 3 right now and I'm wondering if I somehow grew up speaking a different language than the rest of the world. I have zero idea why these questions are so technical and if I will even be able to cut through.

But now the power of prayer, practice, and persistence will come into play. Good luck all!
Don't stress about it feeling like you're learning a foreign language right now. That's a pretty normal reaction when just starting LSAT prep and reading about the important logical concepts LSAT questions revolve around for the first time. Learning the underlying concepts and technical stuff takes a bit of time and practice to get comfortable with so don't stress about some of it being confusing at first, you've got plenty of time.

Until this thread becomes more active in the Fall/Winter, jump into the September study group thread. Many people in there are just getting started with learning the basics too.

bkslaw

New

Post by bkslaw » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:22 pm

Hi guys. I'm registered to take the lsat in feb 2015. I started my studies this past week.
I'm using 7sage and the LSAT Trainer.

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:39 pm

bkslaw wrote:Hi guys. I'm registered to take the lsat in feb 2015. I started my studies this past week.
How do you like 7sage so far? I'm on Ch 6 in the Trainer, and it's surprising me by it's method of teaching.

bkslaw

New

Post by bkslaw » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:15 am

JazzyMac wrote:
bkslaw wrote:Hi guys. I'm registered to take the lsat in feb 2015. I started my studies this past week.
How do you like 7sage so far? I'm on Ch 6 in the Trainer, and it's surprising me by it's method of teaching.
So far I like it. I don't have any complaints. I'm only just getting started though. I'm just getting started with the Trainer also. But I enjoy the writing style so far. What is surprising you about that book?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:09 pm

bkslaw wrote:
JazzyMac wrote:
So far I like it. I don't have any complaints. I'm only just getting started though. I'm just getting started with the Trainer also. But I enjoy the writing style so far. What is surprising you about that book?
Like I mentioned before, I am totally ignorant on all of these topics and subjects concerning the LSAT. But so far, the way the lessons/drills are broken down makes it easy to understand the points. That's why I'm so surprised. I've entered into a few realms of "Hey, I can do this!"

jrsbaseball5

Bronze

Post by jrsbaseball5 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:57 pm

WaltGrace83 wrote:
louierodriguez wrote:well I'm certainly getting old
literally LOL'd.

"I remember when we were making threads for the June 2014 study group!!!........in June 2013...."

haha Louie.....I supported that thread way back when in June 13 - all the old fogies didn't :oops:
Pretty crazy to me that I was prepping for the June 2013 test and felt like those who were studying for June 2014 were doing it way off in the future :lol:

Decided to get some WE experience and here I am thinking of taking it in Feb or June 2015. I feel old.

dougsnow

New

Post by dougsnow » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:54 am

I am also registered for the Feb 15 LSAT - taking it in Memphis.

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:42 am

dougsnow wrote:I am also registered for the Feb 15 LSAT - taking it in Memphis.
Cool, thanks for joining us! I would be studying today, but I have a summer head cold, and now I'm trying to nurse myself back to health. It's so easy to keep putting off studying. Life sooo gets in the way!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:55 am

Just finished Lesson 6 of The LSAT Trainer. More than a month into my studying, but at least I'm moving...albeit at a snail's pace.

joeisreallycool

New

Post by joeisreallycool » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:26 am

Is it feb. or dec. that is the last accepted score for the upcoming cycle?

dougsnow

New

Post by dougsnow » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:40 pm

I'm doing 7sage, and so far I like it (along with reading powerscore on my ipad at work). Took a practice LSAT going in essentially cold with the June 07 test and scored around what I expected. Not great not horrible.

One step at a time...slow but steady will prevail...

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:48 am

joeisreallycool wrote:Is it feb. or dec. that is the last accepted score for the upcoming cycle?
I think some schools do accept February scores. I'm testing a year in advance (c/o 2019), just to give extra time if I have to retake.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:57 pm

JazzyMac wrote:
joeisreallycool wrote:Is it feb. or dec. that is the last accepted score for the upcoming cycle?
I think some schools do accept February scores. I'm testing a year in advance (c/o 2019), just to give extra time if I have to retake.
Schools accept the Feb score but you are going to be late in the process. It's probably better to take in Dec if it is your first time, as some schools might close their applications and not accept any when the Feb scores are released. It is different if you are retaking to try to get off the WL or getting more $$$$.

JackelJ

Silver

Post by JackelJ » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:59 pm

Last edited by JackelJ on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scaldwe3

New

Post by scaldwe3 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Checking in. I've been on TLS for a while now and always toyed with the idea of taking the lsat but now I'm for sure taking the February 2015 exam. I've been reading/studying on/off for a few years but will be getting more regimented starting this week. My plan is to use the LSAT trainer + the cambridge packets for drilling and then follow that up with the 7sage logic games explanations for whichever games I don't get correct. Good luck to everyone!

AtticusRising

New

Post by AtticusRising » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:47 am

JackelJ wrote:Just switched my LSAT date from this September to Feb 2015. I was only in the 160's and don't think I'll get the score I want by the test. With the extra 5 months I am shooting for as close to 180 as I can get. Already did a lot of drilling and I understand the concepts, so its just practicing until Feb.
I'm in the same boat! I was actually originally planning to sit for the June 2013 test but I've been moving around for work. Finally going to stay put long enough to take this test head on. I've gone through about half of my materials and have a pretty solid foundation on concepts. How effective do you think your drilling was? Thinking of doing the Cambridge packets before I start PTing again.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”