Question Difficulty Reversal Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
berkeleynick

New

Question Difficulty Reversal

Post by berkeleynick » Wed May 28, 2014 8:58 pm

I just did the second LR portion of PT 61 and felt that the more difficult questions appeared first and then they got easier in the second half (while the conventional wisdom says easy 10-15 first questions). Is this a trend for the new PTs? I was freaking out about time at the beginning but finished just in time. I went into panic for the first half and it psyched me out.

dasani13

Silver

Re: Question Difficulty Reversal

Post by dasani13 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:04 pm

berkeleynick wrote:I just did the second LR portion of PT 61 and felt that the more difficult questions appeared first and then they got easier in the second half (while the conventional wisdom says easy 10-15 first questions). Is this a trend for the new PTs? I was freaking out about time at the beginning but finished just in time. I went into panic for the first half and it psyched me out.
I'm not sure if this is a trend but I definitely noticed some tougher/trickier questions than usual in the first 10/15 of PTs 70 and 71.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Wed May 28, 2014 9:38 pm

LSAC is in a constant battle to supersede the advice given by test prep companies. So once the first 10 are easier thing got popular they started throwing harder ones in there to screw with everyone. It's not a full reversal, but it's def harder to do the first "10 in 10 mins" on recent tests then it is on tests in the 50's and before.

Tyr

Bronze

Post by Tyr » Wed May 28, 2014 9:53 pm

Pneumonia wrote:LSAC is in a constant battle to supersede the advice given by test prep companies. So once the first 10 are easier thing got popular they started throwing harder ones in there to screw with everyone. It's not a full reversal, but it's def harder to do the first "10 in 10 mins" on recent tests then it is on tests in the 50's and before.
So would you say that they are "spreading the difficulty" throughout the section more now than in the past? That wouldn't be so bad. Perhaps make it feel less formulaic.

180kickflip

Bronze

Post by 180kickflip » Wed May 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Is there a specific test (or couple of tests) that you guys would say marks the turning point between the 50s and 60s type tests? Obviously 59-60 is the literal turning point, but I mean stylistically. I just finished 60, and it seemed relatively normal. 10 in 10 was pretty easy, RC not too crazy, etc. I'm wondering if the "60s shift" or whatever happens later.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

berkeleynick

New

Post by berkeleynick » Wed May 28, 2014 10:16 pm

Pneumonia wrote:LSAC is in a constant battle to supersede the advice given by test prep companies. So once the first 10 are easier thing got popular they started throwing harder ones in there to screw with everyone. It's not a full reversal, but it's def harder to do the first "10 in 10 mins" on recent tests then it is on tests in the 50's and before.
They totally would. Bastards! Lol. (J/k LSAC folk, I love you all!)

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Wed May 28, 2014 10:18 pm

berkeleynick wrote:I just did the second LR portion of PT 61 and felt that the more difficult questions appeared first and then they got easier in the second half (while the conventional wisdom says easy 10-15 first questions). Is this a trend for the new PTs? I was freaking out about time at the beginning but finished just in time. I went into panic for the first half and it psyched me out.
Actually the last four questions in that section were the most missed. The first 15 were actually on the easy side.

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Clyde Frog wrote:
Actually the last four questions in that section were the most missed. The first 15 were actually on the easy side.
Most missed = most difficult? What if people spent too much time on the first 15 and didn't get to the last 4.

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Wed May 28, 2014 10:44 pm

dasani13 wrote:
Clyde Frog wrote:
Most missed = most difficult? What if people spent too much time on the first 15 and didn't get to the last 4.
I took the test also. The only question in the first 15 that I would consider somewhat difficult is #5. This isn't an anomaly on the LSAT as they have since the test came out sometimes put a difficult question at the beginning of a section. The fish, paper mill, dioxin question which is considered the hardest LR question ever came early in the section at #12.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”