What should you be scoring on PT's before test day? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
flomotion

New

What should you be scoring on PT's before test day?

Post by flomotion » Tue May 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi all,

I'm doing a retake this June, and wanted to ask how I should be scoring in the weeks leading up to test day for me to be sure I shouldn't withdraw. I tried looking (both on the forums here and on some other websites) about general guidelines, and it looks like while some places suggest that you should be consistently scoring 2 points ABOVE your target score, other places suggest you use your best practice test score as a proxy.

In my last 3 practice tests, I've scored 1 point below my target score (175). There are 2 weeks left so I'm hoping that I can increase my score before then. I'm not missing anything systematically at this point, but I'm not sure whether this means I should actually take the test as planned in June, or postpone. My current score on file is a 172, which also makes me wary as I don't want to go down.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tldr; How many points above/below should I be scoring from my target for me to go through with the test? How many practice tests do I need where I achieve said score?

MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Post by MistakenGenius » Tue May 27, 2014 5:51 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

flomotion

New

Re: What should you be scoring on PT's before test day?

Post by flomotion » Tue May 27, 2014 8:13 pm

MistakenGenius wrote:Obviously, this will vary from person to person, but I made sure my average on the last 10 tests was 3 points higher than my target score (175). I did that because it seems a lot of people score about 3 points worse on the actual test. I got lucky and got a 179, but I don't think I over prepared. If you can't reach 175 at all, and it's that important to you, then you might want to wait. But honestly, if I were hitting 175 even half the time, I probably wouldn't spend another 3 months of my life studying.
That's helpful; thanks. I'll take a few more and see. Your hitting-175-half-the-time guideline makes sense.

edit: Also, congrats on your score!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”